reboot a port on smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-15 17:26:04

I have a kasa smart plug that I use to plug in my cable modem my TP router my TP switch my NVR camera recorder so that I'm able to turn off from remote my problem is I need a way to be able to reboot it because once you turn it off you cant turn on if I turn off the modem or the router you cannot turn them back on there's got to be a way to issue a command to turn off and turn back on in 30 seconds or a minute or some way to configure it I would need help or suggestion or this would be a good feature to add to the software to do what's called a plug reboot

Options
1 Reply
Re:reboot a port on smart plug
2023-04-17 19:13:02

@Izzy2be,

As a general rule of thumb, Smart Actions are performed in the cloud and require an active internet connection for them to fire.

Any schedules or modes set from the device settings menu, are stored on the device itself. While there is no auto reboot, there is scheduling features that you could set so that it could either automatically reboot or you could set various times for the device to turn on throughout the day.

I know that a few of the cameras have reboot options as a device setting, so I will forward your feedback that this could be of use for plugs also.

Options