KD110 No Live Video

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KD110 No Live Video

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
KD110 No Live Video
KD110 No Live Video
2023-04-20 15:27:57
Model: KD110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.3.14

Opening a new issue, as this is new to me, and appears to have happened well after other, older threads indicating possible firmware problems.

I have a KD110 that's been working fairly well since at least February 2023.

Just recently, there is no live video available at all. The best I get is a still image with a "Retry" button beneath it.

6e975d80349943079888a2bf0589a7c0

All notifications still work for motion and doorbell press, and 24/7 recordings are available. The 128GB SD card appears to be full or mostly full, and the camera appears to be properly overwriting older video.

It's just live video that has become affected, recently.
DB power is >16V, and I have tried physically power cycling both the KD110 and the router with no change.
I have not tried to factory reset it yet. I guess that's next, but I'd really like to nail down why this would happen, so can get data while it's in this state if needed.

Any fix for this is appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:KD110 No Live Video
2023-04-20 16:36:22

@Vapian,

If every feature of the camera is still working, it may very well just be an issue with the app on your phone. I would first try to reinstall the app and log in to see if there is a difference. If you can, I would also check another phone or tablet to see if the live view appears. 

Does this behavior continue no matter what type of connection your phone is using? Cellular vs Wi-Fi?

If the app still wont show the live view, I think a factory reset would be your best course of action. Before completing the reset you are always able to access the footage on the SD card or the recordings through the app.

Options
Re:KD110 No Live Video
2023-04-20 17:26:26 - last edited 2023-04-20 17:26:58

@Riley_S 

Appreciate the suggestions.
It looks like clearing the app cache and data resolved having access to live video.

FWIW, this was/is all happening over the local network.

Remaining concerns for live video are:

- It still takes at least six seconds after selecting the camera for live video to display. Doesn't sound like much, but it wears on when it takes longer, and someone's actually at the door.

- Sometimes live video still won't be displayed when opened right after a doorbell press.

All together it's a bit concerning, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Options