EC70 not connecting to Kasa Cloud

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-02 20:38:03
Model: EC70  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6

Using a Deco X55 mesh system, I purchased an EC70 thinking the installation would be easy. The EC70 connects to my home network, as I can see it with a pingable IP in my Deco app. However, after entering SSID and pw in the Kasa app, the app times out and displays that the device could not connect to home network. It appears that something is preventing the device from communicating to the cloud and thus is not being added to my Kasa app. 

I have tried a dedicated IoT network using 2.4GHz only, and switched my Deco to use Google DNS. My ISP is Spectrum. Any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:EC70 not connecting to Kasa Cloud
2023-05-02 22:32:47

Hey  @texasrichie,

If you were able to ping the device on your Deco network, this means that it has already successfully connected to the network with the given SSID and Password. If you are resetting the device to change the network settings, then you would need to enter the credentials for the network again.

It does sound like the setup simply failed or had an error. Try using a factory reset and removing the camera from your Kasa app (if it is there) to see if this will allow you to connect the camera to your network when going through the setup again.

Since the device was once connected to the network, you may check to ensure that there were no IP reservations accidentally configured.

Lastly, check to make sure that you have private addressing disabled on your phone, and that you are not trying to setup the device while connected to a VPN

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 1

Related Articles