Google home cannot connect to EC70

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-07 05:02:32 - last edited 2023-05-07 05:04:56
Model: EC70  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.11

Hello,

Even though I can control and view my EC70 vie the app, and I can add the device in Google Home, when I try to view the stream via Google home, I get a message that Google home can't connect to the device. 

I've already factory reset the device and set it back up again but that didn't help.  I can't see an option to allow for remote control in the kasa app for this device.  How do I know if it's connected to the kasa cloud?

Cheers

Options
3 Reply
Re:Google home cannot connect to EC70
2023-05-08 21:54:57

Hey @PZL,

The easiest way to know if it is connected to the cloud is to view the camera stream in the Kasa app while NOT connected to your home network, such as by using your cellular data. Also, I believe that the remote control toggle will only appear if the device is not connected to the cloud, but I will have to look into what causes the toggle to appear more.

I do want to first make sure that you are attempting to cast the camera stream to a device, such as a TV or camera. Due to limitations of the Google Home App, video streams from non-google integrations can only be viewed through a cast and not on the phone itself.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
2023-05-08 22:05:13
I'm having the same problem with my KC410S cameras. I can see them in the TP Link app but not in my Google Home app. Also, when I try to watch it on my Google Hub display, it responds to my voice command but it will not display. Your advertisements indicate that it DOES work on Google Home but this appears NOT to be the case?
Options
2023-05-08 23:44:45

@Riley_S I agree with DaSarge when they say " Your advertisements indicate that it DOES work on Google Home but this appears NOT to be the case?". Google Home can see the camera and attempts to connect to it but fails in the connection.  My TP-Link / Kasa Smart switches and smart plugs work seamlessly with Google Home...... why don't the cameras?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 366

Replies: 3

Related Articles