Cannot access EP25 plugs from HomeKit or Kasa app after setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-07 15:20:27
Model: EP25P4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have successfully connected 2 plugs to an isolated 2.4GHz network (i.e. it does not have a SSID shared with a 5GHz network). I am able to see and operate the devices from both the Home and Kasa apps on my phone immediately after setup; however, less than a day later the Home app shows that the devices are not responding and the Kasa app shows the devices as Offline.

I have restored the devices to the factory defaults and repeated the setup process with the same outcome.

The plugs show up as connected devices on the network when I check the status through my router's admin page.

Is there any guidance anyone can offer to remedy this issue? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot access EP25 plugs from HomeKit or Kasa app after setup
2023-05-08 22:07:18

@feezor,

Typically when the devices disconnect like this, it is the result of a simple disconnect from the TP-Link Cloud.

Usually, this can be remedied with a simple restart or manual replugging. Does this cause the device to come back online and be controllable in either app?

Can you control the device from the Kasa App while you are connected to the same wireless network as the device?

If you cannot, there is something that is preventing your smart plug from communicating with other devices on your local network, such as a device isolation setting.

If you can see the plugs, try disconnecting from your Wi-Fi and controlling the devices from your mobile network.

I have also seen reports from some users that similar behaviors were fixed once they changed the default DNS server of their network to a common service such as Cloudflare or Google.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options