Smart Plug HS103V5 will turn stereo ON, but not OFF

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-11 23:16:18
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: ?

As my stereo is located in my garage, I want to have Alexa turn the music ON and OFF. HS103 works well to turn ON my music, but it DOES NOT turn the stereo OFF. I have tried two different plugs and have tested with incandescent bulbs. The only problem is turning the stereo OFF.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Smart Plug HS103V5 will turn stereo ON, but not OFF
2023-05-14 12:07:25

@stoopid_mike It might be that the electronics in the stereo, once it is turned on, is interfering with the electronics in the plug. To test this you might try using a long extension cord to move the plug away from the stereo.

Options
Re:Smart Plug HS103V5 will turn stereo ON, but not OFF
2023-05-15 11:04:21

@stoopid_mike 

Hello! Did the plug's status (ON/OFF) change when you try to control it? Try to change another device to connect the plug, see if it can be turned ON/OFF normally. 

Please ensure the device firmware and Kasa APP version are both updated. How to update firmware of Kasa smart devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 246

Replies: 2

Related Articles