KL430 stuck in boot up?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KL430 stuck in boot up?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
KL430 stuck in boot up?
KL430 stuck in boot up?
2023-05-31 02:29:27
Tags: #KL430
Model: KL430  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

My light strip has worked flawlessly for about a year. Tonight I turned on the lights in the kitchen and one of my strips goes through what I assume (I cant remember really) is a boot up sequence. In a white color starts at one end of the strip and travels the entire length before going dark and then about half a second later the whole strip flashes once in "Bright white." It pauses for about 2 seconds and does this again and again. The only way to make it stop is to unplug the unit. I have a gif of it happening but I dont know how to upload a .gif on here.

I attempted both a soft reset and a hard factory reset. Neither were able to remedy the situation. I also attempted removing the device from the app. Now I am unable to reprogram it as it wont flash orange and green. 

Please help me. Thanks in advance!

-Andrew

Options
1 Reply
Re:KL430 stuck in boot up?
2023-06-02 03:29:33

@usfbulls33 

Were there any lighting changes during the reset? Try to press the control button for 30 seconds, see if the light strip animates orange and green. 

Check whether the default WiFi of the KL430 (TP-Link_Light Strip_XXXX) can be found in the WiFi settings list. If yes, try to configure it directly, bypassing the step that confirm the led status of the strip (click Next to continue).

Try to change a controller if you have a spare one.

If the above suggestions don't work, the reset module of this KL430 might be defective. Please contact TP-Link support by email or online chat to proceed the warranty. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 323

Replies: 1

Tags

KL430
Related Articles