Kasa Smart WiFi Outdoor Plug KP400 won’t set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-05 18:57:45

I purchased an Outdoor plug timer KP400 to hook up to my pool. I've been trying to get it hooked up for 2 days now but it won't. I've tried unplugging several times, placing it in another area, shutting down phone and starting over but nothing. I'm not sure if this is defective or what. 
I haven't had issues with devices hooking up to my Wi-Fi before. 
please ad

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart WiFi Outdoor Plug KP400 won’t set up
2023-06-05 19:54:38

Hey  @Jazzy1,

Well to first take care of any connectivity issues during setup, I would recommend trying to set the device up in the same room as your router.

I would also recommend performing a factory reset before each attempt, as this will clear any settings and refresh any timers for setup.

When you are setting the device up, how far do you get in the process? What is the status of the LED light on the Plug?

When the Device is Blinking Orange and Green, can you see a TP_Link_XXXX network in the list of available nearby Wi-Fi networks in your phone settings?

If your phone cannot connect to the Wi-Fi or cannot find the device, you may manually connect to this network so you may configure the plug for your home Wi-Fi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 427

Replies: 1