New Release: S200D Smart Remote Dimmer Switch

2023-06-05 23:47:07 - last edited a week ago
Model: S200D  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

New Arrival: S200D Smart Remote Dimmer Switch

Making Your Smart Home Accessible to Guests (Sub-GHz Hub Required)

3b146f51ddfd4cf9b910200354bb7cc9

• Smart Actions – Control and set multiple lights, electronics, and other Tapo smart devices with the button.
  • Customized Actions – Single tap, double tap, and rotating options enable you to trigger multiple smart actions, from just one button.
  • Control From Multiple Locations – Control electrical fixtures from multiple locations with Tapo smart buttons.
  • Long Battery Life – The battery will last more than one year.
  • Personalized Location Stickers – Allowing Even Your Guests to Control Your Smart Home

Buy the S200D on Amazon Now!

05bb536cf2f44efa9483fdfd238c5352

Please Note: The S200D is a Sub-GHz Device and Requires a Sub-GHz Compatible Hub from Tapo. Currently, the H100 and H200(Sold as a Bundle with Sub-GHz Cameras) are Available. Sub-GHz Devices, such as Sensors and Buttons, connect over a Sub-1GHz Frequency, and will not connect with a traditional Wi-Fi connection.

Read More About Sub-GHz in our Story Article: Connecting Your Home with Sub-GHz

Available Smart Action Triggers for the S200D

For Everyone's Information, the Available Triggers for the S200D can be seen in the screenshot below. Each of these triggers may be set to control your Tapo Devices or can be assigned to trigger a separate scene or Smart Action. 

Tip: For the Rotate Clockwise and Counter Clockwise Actions, we recommend using a light so that you may take advantage of the 'Dim Brightness by' Action

Our Team cannot wait to see how everyone uses the new buttons and smart actions to control your Smart Home!

a85dc5dd2578421ea62a1dbfc28b11c9

Configuring Your Smart Button to Change the Brightness of Your Lights:

84ebc5070dc848b1a96fcc3802a5bf920337931e602c414681366063579f923c

Control Two Lights Separately with Smart Actions

By Enabling and Disabling Smart Actions, it is possible to “assign” a device to be controlled by the Dimmer Button depending on if the button was last pressed once or twice. The base outline of the Smart Actions is provided below. However, additional commands to turn on lights or set effects may also be added to the Smart Actions.

Smart Action for Light Controls of Light 'A' and Light 'B':

• Rotate Clockwise and Counter Clockwise: Change Brightness of Light 'A' +/- 5% (2 Separate Smart Actions)
  • Rotate Clockwise and Counter Clockwise: Change Brightness of Light 'B' +/- 5% (2 Separate Smart Actions)

Smart Actions for Light/Mode Switching at Button:

Activate Controls for Light A on Button Press:

Trigger:

• When S200D Button is Pressed

Actions:

• Disable Rotation Smart Actions for Light B (2 Actions)

• Enable Rotation Smart Actions for Light A (2 Actions)

Activate Controls for Light B on Button Double Press:

Trigger:

• When S200D Button is Pressed Twice

Actions:

• Disable Rotation Smart Actions for Light A (2 Actions)
  • Enable Rotation Smart Actions for Light B (2 Actions)
Options
9 Reply
Re:New Release: S200D Smart Remote Dimmer Switch
2023-06-16 18:40:36

@Riley_S  Will this button work with the Kasa HS200 switch?

Options
2023-06-21 16:34:47 - last edited 2024-01-02 18:51:08

@Bobnj99,

Currently, the S200D is limited to controlling devices that are in the Tapo app.

Edit: As Kasa devices can now be integrated or setup via the Tapo app, you can configure a smart action to control your Kasa devices, such as a Kasa Smart Dimmer or Switch.

Options
2023-12-31 19:01:31

@Riley_S ,

Is this available for purchase in the US? It's out of stock at Amazon, and I can only find it for sale on eBay which are shipping from Europe.

Options
2024-01-02 18:49:59

@pm15borc,

It is available for sale in the US. However, stock is still limited to the holiday season. You should expect to see additional units available in the coming weeks. Unfortunately, I do not have specifics on the availability, such as the date.

As a note about ordering non-US models: the frequency used by Sub-GHz is different between Europe and the United States due to limitations and regulations placed on wireless communications. Make sure that you are ordering the device from a region in which you reside, or the device will likely not work with your current setup.

Options
2024-01-03 03:27:13

@Riley_S,

Thank you so much.   I'll keep an eye out for it to come back  in stock.

Thank you!

Options
2 weeks ago

@pm15borc  Has anyone ever purchased a S200D in the US?  I'm wondering if they are available or ever will be or are discontinued?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Creeker I bought 2 of them, in Feb and March.   But now if I look at Amazon it's not available.

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hey  @pm15borc and @Creeker 

This usually just means that the Amazon Inventory is out of stock. It looks like the S200D is still available at B&H Photo, and there are defintedly plans for the device moving forwared, so at the very least, additional buttons can be purchased there until the Amazon stock is replenished.This has now happened a few times due to the device's popularity.

Options
Monday

@Riley_S Thanks for the replies.  i'm so glad the S200D is still an active product.  I have high hopes for them once I can get my hands on them here in the US.  Surprisingly enough, I was able to purchase the last two this evening on TP-Link's US store.  Can't wait to get them as I have a bunch of Kasa 3 way switches that have the wall switches in the craziest locations.  I do use the Tapo app for all the Kasa/Tapo switches I have.  It's been working great!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 968

Replies: 9

Related Articles