EP25 will not reset, and cannot add to Apple home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-20 01:58:02
Model: EP25P4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8

No idea on hardware or version numbers.

EP25 from a box of 4. Other 3 work as expected. I just pulled this one out of the box and it will not add to homekit. I get "Unable to Add Accessory. An unknown error occurred." I have tried many, many times to reset the plug and add it using the instructions found at:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/kb/detail/412486

I have not been successful. I have tried multiple iPhones and iPads. I have powered those devices off and back on to clear the Home cache. Nothing at all is making any difference in my ability to add this plug. It is brand new, just removed from the box.

Options
1 Reply
Re:EP25 will not reset, and cannot add to Apple home
2023-06-20 11:41:41

@Slacker 

Please ensure the plug flash amber rapidly during the reset and turns back to flashing amber and blue (Ready to Setup) after that. 

Try to skip the step that adds to Apple Home, and continue the setup with Kasa APP instead. You may refer to the instruction here (Notes on Step 3): How to set up your HomeKit-supported Kasa devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 333

Replies: 1

Related Articles