Kasa app cannot control new devices if internet is down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-05 23:29:48
Model: LB100   HS100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

HI,

I have an issue when my internet (not local LAN) goes down.

the Kasa app can see the older bulbs such as the LB100 and turn them on and off despite the WAN being down

BUT

the newer bulbs such as the HS100 show as 'not in range' in the Kasa app and cannot be turned on or off when the WAN is down.

How can i fix this?  it really fells like a firmware issue or it could be an APP issue.

let me know please

thanks,

Roy

Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa app cannot control new devices if internet is down
2023-07-06 11:57:05

@RoyMilano 

Are all the devices connecting to the same WiFi network? Is there any network extension device?

Ensure your phone is connected to the local WiFi network, and turned off cellular data to avoid the phone automatically switching networks.

Check the version of your Kasa APP, make sure it is updated. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-07-28 16:41:09 - last edited 2023-07-28 16:41:32

@Wayne-TP hi! All apps are on the same lan, all apps are up to date and all firmware is up to date. No cellular being used.  Same results on iPhone and iPad (Wi-Fi only).thanks, Roy 

Options
2023-08-08 08:56:26

@RoyMilano 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box later and confirm.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 453

Replies: 3

Related Articles