Tapo devices not showing in Google Home

2023-07-16 18:14:00
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I already use Tapo cameras and bought the Hub and Motion sensor to play with, everything else I have is the Kasa brand. In Google Home I linked to Tapo. All of my Tapo cameras show in Google Home but not any Tapo devices.

Should they be linked through Tapo to Google Home?

Thanks,

Jerry

Options
5 Reply
Re:Tapo devices not showing in Google Home
2023-07-17 09:00:12

@JerryInTellico 

Are all your devices configured under the same TP-Link account, or do they use different accounts? 

If you have enabled Tapo skill in the Google Home App, there is no need to associate Google again in the Tapo APP. 

What Tapo devices you have? Can you provide device models here?

The hub H100 is not supported in the Google Home APP as its main role is to act as a bridge connecting routers and backend devices. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-07-24 04:18:34 - last edited 2023-07-24 04:18:50

@Wayne-TP 

Yes all devices are in the same Tapo account. Everything shows up on the Home screen in Tapo app, but only the cameras show up in Google Home when Tapo is linked.

I have the H100 hub with a T100 motion detector.

I can use the T100 to trigger the H100 for an alarm but I would like to use the T100 to trigger a light that is setup in my Kasa app. I wanted to use Google Home to accomplish this since I can't directly access any Kasa devices from my Tapo app.

I already have several Kasa smart devices in my home and would like to control some from trigger devices I can setup in Tapo since no trigger devices are available in Kasa except cameras as far as I know.

Options
2023-08-08 09:31:49

@JerryInTellico 

Unfortunately, the T100 doesn't support Google Home so far.

However, it is planned and we expect this will be available soon. You may keep an eye on device firmware updates for the latest information!

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-01-12 12:03:16

@JerryInTellico 

T100 sensors are showing up in Alexa app.  

We can trigger the light up using T100 sensor in alexa. 

Just give it a try.  

Options
2024-01-14 00:14:01

@Chandan-Reddy 

Now with the ability to add my Kasa devices into the Tapo app I can now use the Tapo Hub with Sensors to control my Kasa devices within the Tapo automations. This has opened new levels of control I didn't have previously.

The only issue now is if I setup my Kasa devices in the Tapo app then those do not show up in Google Home. So I keep my Kasa devices it the Kasa app, link Tapo with Kasa, and add automation that includes both Tapo and Kasa devices. This way both the Tapo and Kasa devices show in Google Home.

Jerry

Options