Kasa and LG WebOS TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa and LG WebOS TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Kasa and LG WebOS TV
Kasa and LG WebOS TV
2023-07-25 09:41:39
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.5

Hi,

I have recently bought a TV Oled C3. When I turned the TV on for the first time, I launched the dashboard "Home Hub" app and this app found out all the connected plugs I have in my house.

I have several TP-link connected plugs in my house, using Kasa. 

A few weeks later, I changed the configuration of my plugs by removing some and adding others.

I launched "Home Hub" on my TV but it doesn't detect anything now... I remember (or I think ??) I paired my Kasa account with my LG TV but I can't find any options to unpair and pair again my kasa account.

Kasa is compatible with the C3.

Could you please help me out  ?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa and LG WebOS TV
2023-07-26 19:29:18

@Ethancarter,

I will look into this a bit further, but do you happen to know what model of Kasa plugs were removed, or which ones are not appearing?

I am not too positive about how LG controls the Devices, but it may be a connection to Google Home or Homekit rather than a direct connection to Kasa

Options
2023-07-26 23:16:25

@Riley_S 

It's Kasa HS-100 and Kasa HS-110.

When I turned on my TV on the first time, my six devices have been detected.

Now, any device is on the list. My C3 TV is connected by ethernet; I try to use the wifi but  it's not working either. 

All the devices work with the Kasa app.

Thanks !

Options
2023-07-27 18:39:06

@Ethancarter,

So talking with our QA team, we have no knowledge of HOW  these devices are being seen, as we don't officially support nor did we know that these devices will even be seen on the WebOS Platform.

You would most likely need to get in contact with LG, as they may be able to provide additional information about how their Smart Hubs detect devices on the network, and what could be done to encourage the discovery.

If possible, would it be possible to see what the devices are displayed as if you can get them to appear?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 561

Replies: 3

Related Articles