Live View & Recordings not available outside of my home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-02 21:14:49 - last edited 2023-09-02 21:16:12
Model: KC410S  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

For the first few months, I could access the live feed and saved recordings on my SD card from anywhere.  However, for the last couple weeks, I have not been able to access the cameras when outside of my home network.  I have removed the cameras from the account and set them back up again.  I have unplugged and plugged back in the cameras.  Still nothing.

I saw this problem in threads dating back to 2019 but saw no resolution.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Live View & Recordings not available outside of my home
2023-09-05 02:25:46

@DaSarge 

What's the system LED status on your camera? If it is flashing green (Not bound to the cloud), here are some tips that might help. 

1. Restart the router

2. Check if you have enabled any settings on the router that might block the internet access of the camera, such as parental control, access control, etc.

3. Change router DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

4. Factory reset the camera and reconfigure it.

<Backup SD card videos to computer or local drive in advanced if there is any important contents before factory reset the camera.>

How to factory reset KC410S: Press and hold down the RESET button for over 15s. 

afe4d5acd4034283bc6eccf05d8953f2

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 204

Replies: 1

Related Articles