HS-103 broadcasting its own unsecure network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-17 23:03:07
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Why do I see all these TP-LINK SSID(s) for all my outlet plugs ?  I don't want the plugs broadcasting anything once configuration is complete.  This seems to be a security issue?

unsecure wireless broadcast even after setup finishes and the unit is working correctly  (still blinking orange and blue)

What can I do to stop each unit broadcasting an unsecure connection?  TP-LINK_Smart_Plug_XXXX

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS-103 broadcasting its own unsecure network
2023-09-20 23:53:11

@TWH3,

Are you sure that all of these devices have been configured in the Kasa App all the way to completion? Are the devices controlled via the Kasa app when your phone is connected to both your Wi-Fi and when connected to your cellular connection?

After the setup finishes, the devices should disable their setup networks and connect to your home network's Wi-Fi, and the LED color should change. 

The plugs will stop broadcasting after 15 minutes by default, but this is only meant for when the devices sit plugged in and are not configured.

Since you mentioned they are functional, I would try checking for a firmware update to the devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 272

Replies: 1

Related Articles