New KP405 won't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New KP405 won't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New KP405 won't connect
New KP405 won't connect
2023-09-26 00:34:31
Model: KP405  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Like a previous comment, this will not connect (control my lamp). We have tried this on three different Apple products (an iPhone 8 and 10R and an iPad). Like someone already said, this should be easy.

I need to hear from someone that can walk me through a step that two pretty intelligent people must have missed.

I am ready to send this back if I cannot get this resolved.

The reason I purchased this was that it was from a name brand company and the quality of the build looked excellent. But if it does not work, none of that matters.

Options
1 Reply
Re:New KP405 won't connect
2023-09-26 00:56:05 - last edited 2023-09-26 16:07:00

Hey  @MB-in-OR,

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties, I'd be happy to do what I can to help - what step in the process are you getting stuck at?

What page does the Kasa App display when the process errors out? ARe you given a reason in the app that the setup fails?

What does your network look like? What router are you using?

After failing a setup, I would recommend performing a factory reset of the device by holding the control button for 10 Seconds.This will clear any settings that may have been saved to the device, and force the device to enter setup mode again. Please note that this is separate from a soft reset, which is performed by holding the control button for only 10 seconds. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 452

Replies: 1

Related Articles