HS210 HV 3.0 FV 1.0.9 - Disconnects from Wifi if there is no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-01 23:43:07 - last edited 2023-10-01 23:45:08
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

I have around 50 Kasa Switches, Dimmers and Plugs.  Recently updated firmware on most and updated devices disconnect from Wifi when there is no internet.

This post is specifically for Switch HS210 (Hardware V 3.0).  When installed it was on version 1.0.2 and worked fine; now after upgrade continues to disconnect from Wifi if Internet is not available.  Continues to flash Green on the switch, then Red.

Same issue on HS220 Dimmers (Hardware V 3.0) with updated firmware version 1.0.10

Please fix this!  Or let us downgrade firmware.

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS210 HV 3.0 FV 1.0.9 - Disconnects from Wifi if there is no internet
2023-10-05 17:25:27

@RoLoMN,

Thanks for the report; I will bring this to the attention of our team. 

The Red light does mean that the switch is disconnected from the Wi-Fi. To verify, the Kasa app shows unavailable and cannot control the devices, even when connected to the Wi-Fi network the switches were connected to?

How do you have your devices connected to the Internet? What router are you using? Are the devices connected to an IoT or Guest Network?

You may try creating, or removing if you have created one, an IP reservation from your router's interface - it is possible that the internet outage is causing you switch to try and refresh its IP

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
2023-10-06 01:50:44 - last edited 2023-10-06 01:54:32

@Riley_S 

I verified that the Kasa app shows as unavailable and cannot control the devices, connected to the same network.

I am using Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro and devices are connected to 2.4ghz IoT wireless network. There is IP reservation, the router will hand out the same IP.  I do not want the deivces to switch their IP addresses.

When there is an internet outage or if I block internet access to the network, all switches and dimmers begin trying to disconnect and reconnect from Wifi.  Devices that have not been updated with the latest firmware do not do that - they stay connected to WiFi regardless if there is internet access or not.

As soon as internet service is restored or I unblock the internet access, all of the switches and dimmers begin functioning properly.

Here is an example of the updated Switch connecting/disonnecting from Wifi.  Another switch next to it that has old firmware, does not do that:

72da175f23f1482393839dfd41c61a96

Devices:

Options
2023-11-05 20:51:31

@Riley_S - strangely absolutely no response?  Can anyone help?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3866

Replies: 3

Related Articles