Tapo C125: AI Home Security Camera w/ Homekit and Magnetic Mounting

2023-10-11 00:26:53 - last edited 2023-10-11 00:41:16

Tapo C125: AI Home Security Camera

The Tapo C125 is one of the latest smart cameras from Tapo with an all-new form factor and advanced features. We look forward to seeing what everyone thinks of the camera and its latest features such as the Physical Privacy Shutter and HomeKit compatibility.

4d5213d3da4d4900ad1e5181185e4094

Physical Privacy Shutter – Press the onboard button to activate the physical privacy shutter – safeguarding your privacy by completely blocking the camera lens when needed.

2K QHD Quality– Impressive 2K QHD Quality for unmatched clarity and detection accuracy 

Apple HomeKit Compatible – Seamlessly integrate your Tapo C125 into your Apple Home Ecosystem

Smart AI Detection – Identifies people, pets, and abnormal sounds, providing notifications or triggering the customizable alarm when needed.

Magnetic Base for Easy Installation – Compact Design allows for easy installation with its magnetic base and flexible bracket.

Invisible Infrared Light – Choose the 940nm Invisible Infrared Light Setting for Non-Disruptive Monitoring During Sleep or While Away.

Storage Options - Save recorded videos on the microSD Card (up to 512 GB) or using Tapo Care cloud storage services.

Buy Now @ Best Buy

or

Learn More on the Official Product Page

15ed190267534faea256835f0eaf9f85

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C125: AI Home Security Camera w/ Homekit and Magnetic Mounting
2024-01-18 15:43:03 - last edited 2024-01-18 15:49:40

@Riley_S Very much love everything about this camera and the price is great too. As part of my migration away from Ring to Homekit enabled cameras I initially bought the Logitech Circle View camera and was glad to see the C125 so I quickly swapped it out. It's perfect from a feature point of view (even with features I won't use) BUT I have a a small setup issue with Homekit.

I have a video doorbell from Logitech and other Homekit devices on my network and they operate well. The C125 is in the same locaiton as my old Ring camera and is < 3 meters from the WiFi Router. Strangely I can set up the camera either Homekit install first or Tapo Camera software first and get the camera added to my home network. Then after about two minutes, Homekit gives me a "No Response" error.  If I go to the camera and set privacy mode to off/on, the camera comes back on. I can see the preview in the Homekit app and then after a minute or so, it goes back to "no response" in Homekit. I can repeat this several times so it seems that the camera firmware has a bug in the wake/sleep responding to Homekit pinging.

It's important to add that if I launch the Tapo app, the camera always shows me a live preview no issue everytime when I'm at home or away. So it is not a local network issue; just a minor handshake issue between a sleeping camera and Homekit app.

I have done a hard reset on the camera. Removed it, added it back - several times. Rebooted my Wifi network and then the mesh devices. Rebooted by edge router (Homepod).  Always land back at the place that the camera gives a "no response" error in Homekit app.

Options
2024-02-20 02:49:01

@Riley_S where does ony buy the C125 in Canada?

Options
2024-02-20 20:01:05

Hey @words,

Right now, the C125 is specific to Best Buy, at least in the United States - and I am not sure about launches outside of the US.

Offered products will vary between regions, so you would need to check your regional site for more information on what products and models are available in your region.

However, after a quick glance, it does not look like the C125 is available in Canada. You would need to get in contact with the team for your specific region for more information.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options