RE700X lost ability to share WiFi over Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-20 17:58:39 - last edited 2023-10-24 21:21:48
Model: RE700X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.7 Build 20230721 Rel. 34344

After the firmware upgrade the RE700X has stopped sharing the extended WiFi network through the Ethernet port. This worked since I purchased it. Also the option to set which WiFi band to use for the Ethernet port is gone. 

Any idea what is going on here?

Mike Technology enthusiast. Geek
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:RE700X lost ability to share WiFi over Ethernet-Solution
2023-10-24 21:21:45 - last edited 2023-10-24 21:21:48

@mkostersitz Figured it out. Not an RE700X issue. I had a device with a busted Ethernet driver. After updating the device to the latest driver everything is back to working.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:RE700X lost ability to share WiFi over Ethernet
2023-10-23 21:35:26

Hey  @mkostersitz,

Can you provide more information about what you have connected to and how your RE is setup.

Is your Range Extender using your existing wireless connection to provide Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity? And you are having problems with a device wired to the RE?

Or is your RE receiving its signal via an Ethernet Cable, and your wireless devices can no longer receive a connection?

Lastly, what is the status of the LED lights on the RE?

"... option to set which Wi-Fi band to use for the Ethernet Port is gone"

You will need to provide additional information about this. Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity are entirely separate.

Eitehr way, I would recommend checking your Ethernet Cable if possible - whether it be moving the RE, bypassing the connection to the RE, or simply trying another cable

Options
2023-10-23 23:40:33 - last edited 2023-10-23 23:45:45

@Riley_S I have been using it to extend my existing Wi-Fi connection and share the Ethernet port.

The way it is connected is 

BE19000 router -> Wi-Fi 5G -> RE700X -> tp-link 16 Port Ethernet switch -> several devices

This used to work without a hitch since I purchased the RE700X in January.

When I first set it up there was an option in the UI to designate which Wi-Fi band would feed the Ethernet port 2.4GHz or 5GHz. This recently got replaced by the "High Speed" menu item in the configuration experience.

Assuming that this used to configure the bridge between the Wireless Radio and Ethernet network.

Since the last FW update the devices on the Ethernet port are not receiving DHCP addresses from the BE19000 router anymore and devices with static IP cannot reach the internet.

All LEDs are on when I plug it in. There is Link lights on the Ethernet port. Though the Link lights on the switch where the port is plugged into come on

I replaced it with a RE550 I had at home and with that and the latest FW everything works as expected. 

Also among the other things removed the ability to not extend the Wi-Fi but use it to simple bridge Wi-Fi to Ethernet since I cannot turn off both extended networks anymore.

Options
2023-10-24 00:24:47

@Riley_S I also noticed something, while all devices on the switch are getting IP addresses from the router only the first one to boot is able to access the internet on the RE550 on the 700X none are getting addresses or can access the internet. All others fail to route to the default GW. this is definitely a regression to previous behavior.

Mike

Options
Re:RE700X lost ability to share WiFi over Ethernet-Solution
2023-10-24 21:21:45 - last edited 2023-10-24 21:21:48

@mkostersitz Figured it out. Not an RE700X issue. I had a device with a busted Ethernet driver. After updating the device to the latest driver everything is back to working.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 361

Replies: 4

Related Articles