Both kasa outdoor cam blinking green quickly after power outage.

2023-10-30 00:36:21
Tags: #Firmware Update #PowerOutage
Model: KC420WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

both cameras have stopped working poroperly after a power outage, i am used to power going out and them reconnecting automatically or me having to re set them up but nothing im trying is working and i've tried literally every bit of support i can find about this. they just blink green quickly when plugged up now and even light up in the dark or when someone comes in front of them, but show as not online and i cannot get them to connect to my wifi even tho my wifi is working completely fine. anyone got any suggestions??

Options
3 Reply
Re:Both kasa outdoor cam blinking green quickly after power outage.
2023-10-30 21:16:22

@Inflooence,

It is likely that the devices have simply become disconnected from your home network and they are still functioning/recording while they are disconnected. Try replugging the cameras to see if they can reconnect to your network automatically. Otherwise, the easiest solution would be to reset the cameras so that you can reenter the Wi-Fi information.

If possible, I would check the client list on your router to see if the cameras are listed as being connected to your Wi-Fi or not.

In the future, you may consider giving the camera an IP reservation so it has a more consistent method/route of communication with the router.

Options
2023-10-31 05:11:06

@Riley_S hey i have already tried replugging them back in multiple times, have held the reset button on all of them and went thru the setup process multiple times and am succesful in getting everything except them connected back to my wifi. i can find the camera on the wifi list and then the app finds my wifi and i try to join and it takes a few mins but always fails connecting to it, the password is right and everything. i've had power outages multiple times but idk why this one caused such a havoc cause i still haven't gotten them working again and have resorted to just purchasing different cameras for the time being.

Options
2023-10-31 23:29:42

@Inflooence,

Do you know if the cameras are on a special network such as an IoT network, or if your devices traffic is being managed by another device or router on your network?

The flashing green indicates that it is actually connecting to your home network, but it cannot achieve an active cloud connection. If it is a network-level problem, it would also explain why the devices exhibited the same behavior after a reset.

Do you have any firewall or parental control settings that you can check to see if the traffic is being blocked?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 454

Replies: 3

Tags

Firmware Update
PowerOutage
Related Articles