Connecting the Kasa Smart Plug Mini EP10

2023-11-05 19:34:47
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have tried at least six times to connect the Smart Plug with absolutely no success.

I even tried to connect by using the outlet next to my modem and am getting nothing except spinning and then the Unable to Connect to your Smart Plug Wi-Fi.

It is horrible that the company sends a little paper showing how easy it is to connect the Smart Plug; in my experience this is not easy and I work with technology.  I have other items in my house connected via smart devices and  I have not needed to spend much time setting those up.

I have tried all the troubleshooting guidelines posted on my phone under the Unable to Connect to your Smart Plug-in.

I am seriously thinking of sending these back to Amazon and writing a review there to say how the product does not work.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting the Kasa Smart Plug Mini EP10
2023-11-06 22:09:36

@Paul-K,

I apologize for the experience that you had. Unfortunately, all networks and devices are different so there can often be hiccups - but we are always more than happy to help.

As an FYI, you can find the complete User Guide for your device on your product's download page: EP10 Downloads

Your error indicates that your phone is having problems communicating with the setup network broadcast by the plug rather than an issue with your devices connecting to your home Wi-Fi.

When it says you cannot connect to the device's Wi-Fi, what device are you using to set it up?

Have you tried manually connecting to the Wi-Fi from your phone's list of available networks? Some devices cannot switch your Wi-Fi network automatically, and your setup may hang as a result.

Here are a few extra tips:

• Make sure that you do not have a VPN enabled on your phone.
  • If your phone is connected to the smart plug's Wi-Fi, disable the Private Addressing setting in your phone's network settings.
  • Make sure that your phone is on the same Wi-Fi network that your plug will be connected to.

• If the devices have been plugged in for a while, you should replug them to ensure the LED indicates that it is ready for setup.
  • If it has been partially set up, ensure you are performing a factory reset (10s) instead of a soft reset(5s).
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 307

Replies: 1

Related Articles