HS300 Power Cycling -- 2 separate ones!

2023-11-06 20:26:46
Model: HS300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.21

Last Wednesday or Thursday I was watching TV when CLICK and everything turned off; then back on again.  Did it a few times.  All devices connected to a HS300.

Friday same thing happened in my office -- separate HS300.  CLICK and quick power reset.

I did have the Home Assistant Integration for these (for a few years now with no issue).  I deleted that last Friday and still had my Office powerstrip do the same CLICK/Reset today.

Why would this happen to two separate units right around the same time?

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS300 Power Cycling -- 2 separate ones!
2023-11-08 17:36:03

@Ramias,

Do these happen to be handling high-capacity devices? Could it be that they are shutting off as a protective measure?

Otherwise, make sure that you did not accidentally create a smart action for the devices in the Kasa App. Previously, when someone saw this, it was actually caused by the device being added to a third-party app (Smartthings), which then automatically added the device to a daily routine that they had created before - so i would check any apps that you have connected your Kasaaccount to for any automations.

Has the behavior continued? Is it possible that the device rebooted to apply an update?

I would recommend resetting one of the devices to factory defaults to see if the behavior occurs on both when it happens again.

Options
2023-11-09 21:56:45

@Riley_S 

It just did it again.  No these are not handling high loads.  There are no smart actions in the app or other systems (no Alexa skill; no Home Assistant integration).  They just turn off and then back on.

Options
2023-11-10 00:26:59

@Ramias,

This sounds very similar to a reported behavior that was patched quite a while ago, I would check your firmware versions just to be sure.

Otherwise, take a look at the thread on the global forums to see if it describes what you are facing: https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/262328

There are troubleshooting steps provided in the thread, so make sure to try the isolation settings and disabling beamforming/fast roaming to see if there is any discernible difference.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 198

Replies: 3

Related Articles