All my kasa devices disappeared from the Kasa app

2023-11-15 04:18:51 - last edited 2023-11-17 01:27:00

I have lights, cameras, and plugs of different models. all have worked in my ios and android kasa apps for over 3 years.  tonight all devices are gone from all apps on all my mobile devices.  my home, rooms, and smart settings are there, but not a single device is showing.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:All my kasa devices disappeared from the Kasa app-Solution
2023-11-16 03:18:54 - last edited 2023-11-17 01:27:00

Hello Everyone,

There was a network fluctuation and it is now fixedNotice for Kasa Server Error on Nov 15th, 2023 (UTC+8)

Can you share the latest status of your devices with us?

Tips: If the device's connection doesn't restore automatically, try to restart Kasa App  (force close and reopen), or power cycle Kasa devices.

If you were having trouble linking Kasa to third-party services like Alexa or Google Home. Try to re-link them only if Kasa devices are functioning properly in Kasa App. 

How to connect your TP-Link Kasa devices to Google Home 

How to make my TP-Link Kasa Device work with Amazon Alexa

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:All my kasa devices disappeared from the Kasa app
2023-11-15 04:50:04

@dlwhite66 Same happened with me, came here to find out more info.  Sporadically a few devices (in a group) show up.

Options
2023-11-15 05:43:10

@dlwhite66 same with me too.

Options
2023-11-15 05:44:06

@jjhung88 Yes.  Same here at about 10PM Eastern time.  All linkages to Alexa service down too.  

Options
2023-11-15 05:50:47 - last edited 2023-11-15 05:51:12

@Bob_Smith I have intermittent use via google home. mostly it shows offline and sometime online. just deleted all data and cache, uninstalled and reinstalled. done that twice but still no go.

Options
2023-11-15 06:04:54

@jjhung88 

I am not going to mess with anything for now.  Rebooted my router and that did nothign of course.

There is obviously a systemic problem here with the service.  Hopefully TP-Link / Kasa can get this figured out and magically tomorrow morning will wake up and it will be restored like it never happened.

This is the reason why I never put anything mission critical on these smart devices (door locks / garage doors, etc).........

Options
2023-11-15 07:11:50

@Bob_Smith and they are back. Did nothing but wait. Would be nice if the system status reflected this temporary outage/update/whatever. 

Options
2023-11-15 17:01:29 - last edited 2023-11-15 19:15:19

Same thing.  I waited overnight, and when I got up, all my devices were back & functional, except one 3-way circuit.  Of courses the switches (primary = connected to power, & secondary = connect to house device) worked, but the app does not show the primary switch.

I have tried over five times to add the primary switch, & every time I get past the SSID/password page & switch the phone to the SSID, the phone waits a couple minutes for the connection to be established, & then errors out.  Doing a 10-second full reset & trying again does not help.  Thinking it might be the fault of the primary switch, I reset the secondary switch & tried to add it.  This worked; see the reply below.

It's clear that the primary switch makes the WiFi connection, because the WiFi lights steady green for a few seconds, & then goes out.  Further, the WiFi router shows a good WiFi connection & the IP address of the switch.  However, Kasa is unable to add the device to my app.

It would be nice to hear from Kasa about this problem.

Edit:  I just added a brand-new, never-used HS103 plug, & that worked.

Options
2023-11-15 17:40:49 - last edited 2023-11-15 19:02:17

This time I did a full (10-second) reset of the secondary switch, & successfully added it. I then held the switch on the primary switch for 5 seconds to force it into passive mode. Everything is working again.

Note that this primary switch is the only HS210 switch I have ever seen that has the traveler screws on the bottom of the switch.  If this switch is junk or has failed, let me know & I will replace & junk it.

Edit: So that the active (connected to WiFi) switch is primary (connect to power), I ended up swapping the installation of the two switches.

Options
2023-11-15 17:57:49 - last edited 2023-11-15 19:00:36

This brings me to another question:  After I have installed two HS210 switches in a 3-way circuit, is there an easy way (without removing the wall faceplates to use a voltage probe) to tell which switch is wired to power & which switch is wired to a house device?

I can easily tell which switch is active (connected to WiFi) & which is passive (hidden from the app) by briefly pressing the right-hand button.

Options
Re:All my kasa devices disappeared from the Kasa app-Solution
2023-11-16 03:18:54 - last edited 2023-11-17 01:27:00

Hello Everyone,

There was a network fluctuation and it is now fixedNotice for Kasa Server Error on Nov 15th, 2023 (UTC+8)

Can you share the latest status of your devices with us?

Tips: If the device's connection doesn't restore automatically, try to restart Kasa App  (force close and reopen), or power cycle Kasa devices.

If you were having trouble linking Kasa to third-party services like Alexa or Google Home. Try to re-link them only if Kasa devices are functioning properly in Kasa App. 

How to connect your TP-Link Kasa devices to Google Home 

How to make my TP-Link Kasa Device work with Amazon Alexa

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options