2-part verification

2-part verification

2-part verification
2-part verification
2023-11-20 12:03:34

At least once a week, I get a reminder to add 2-part verification, which I do not want or need. My cameras are for monitoring pets. If it was a business, maybe.  I get it in both the Tapo & Kasa apps. 
is there a way to stop being reminded? If no, okay. But it's annoying. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:2-part verification
2023-11-20 22:29:25

@EZB,

Are you mentioning the In-App Notification Screen or an external notification going to your phone notifications? 

Either way, I will see what I can do about extending the 'ignore' duration at the very least.

However, we do always recommend securing your devices with Two two-factor authentication so that malicious parties cannot gain access to a device on your home network or use that camera as you would be able to. We are always doing the most that we can to make sure that our users are secure in their choices, especially when looking at adding cameras to your home. Not to pry, but is there a reason that you believe that 2FA should be reserved for business use, rather than for home use?

Options
Re:2-part verification
2023-11-21 01:47:34

@Riley_S 

It is the in app screen, right as you open the app.  

Thank you for the way you answered.  I didn't think of the safety factor of outsiders accessing my cameras.  The difference between businesses & homes - businesses have multiple persons that could have access to the system.  It's just me & my hubby here.  He doesn't look.  But - I hear you loud & clear about outsiders. 2FV is being activated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 216

Replies: 2

Related Articles