Smart action - control over smart bulb brightness?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-05 21:00:57 - last edited 2023-12-06 17:45:24

Hello! Using the Kasa App (on Android), I tried creating a "smart action", increasing the bulb's brightness. I could only find, houwever, two selections: raise or lower brigness by +/- 5%. It's a checkbox. And there's no other way for me to control the exact percentage increase or decreases. Obviously I'd like more control. Say, going from 50% to 75% of brighness. Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Salter

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Smart action - control over smart bulb brightness? -Solution
2023-12-06 00:31:13 - last edited 2023-12-06 17:45:24

Hey @Salter10,

There should be another option available called 'Set Lighting'. This will allow you to set the light to do whatever state you would like.Instead of thinking in terms of % increases, try configuring the device as shifting between two states - whether they are different colors, brightness, presets etc.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Smart action - control over smart bulb brightness? -Solution
2023-12-06 00:31:13 - last edited 2023-12-06 17:45:24

Hey @Salter10,

There should be another option available called 'Set Lighting'. This will allow you to set the light to do whatever state you would like.Instead of thinking in terms of % increases, try configuring the device as shifting between two states - whether they are different colors, brightness, presets etc.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Smart action - control over smart bulb brightness?
2023-12-06 04:45:09

Thank you @Riley_S. This is the perfect solution.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 430

Replies: 2

Related Articles