Where is this cloud I paid $30 for? Anyone?

2023-12-21 03:35:11

I just paid $30 for some kind of cloud account.  After paying for it, I looked everywhere to find instructions on how to access it.  I'd like to access it from both my Android phone (Kasa app installed) and my PC.  I found instructions here, but the screen in no way matches what is on my phone.  I'm totally confused.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Where is this cloud I paid $30 for? Anyone?
2023-12-22 06:43:51

@Dave_Gibson  On the Kasa app, tap Me, go to the Kasa Care page, and you will see your subscribed Kasa Care plan. If you tap the Activity tab at the bottom of the Kasa app, you can select the date and see the cloud video clips.

Options
2023-12-22 13:32:04
Well, the Kasa app I downloaded for my phone has no "me". If I go to Kasa Care web page on my PC, I only see choices of plans with no link to anything. I would think this would be simple and basic to any application. Nowhere does the description say that a smart phone is required to access anything, yet I'm getting the impression that it is.
Options
2023-12-26 08:49:18 - last edited 2023-12-26 09:18:46

@Dave_Gibson  Maybe you are not downloading the latest app or downloading the wrong app if you can't see the "ME" tab. I find an instruction on their website to watch the cloud video clips: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1951/

Options
2023-12-26 17:44:13

@Dave_Gibson,

Most of the features of Kasa Care are folded into the app. 

For example, the cloud recordings for your account are found under each camera's list of recordings; or the ability to enable Rich Snapshots for specific cameras. Remember that Kasa Care is more 'per device' than it is per account, so features will normally be listed under the device to which you have chosen to add Kasa Care.

The Kasa app did recently see a redesign, so it may be that the resource you found uses the older app UI. Lastly, we do not currently support an official PC or Web App, so please take care when using a third party service and providing your crendentials. The only apps we officially support are available via the Google Play or Apple App Store.

Options
2023-12-27 12:40:46

@Dave_Gibson The "Me" button is located at the lower right when you open the app.

fdc3e14b9b6d42a9923e713ebff5ae76

Options