In-app Schedule

In-app Schedule
In-app Schedule
2023-12-27 12:14:07 - last edited 2024-01-11 12:09:59
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0

Hi,

Is it possible to make the on/off schedule more robust?  Something similar to a programmable thermostat schedule perhaps, in that an LED strip for example, can be scheduled to turn on and off twice a day.....once in the morning and once in the evening.

Thank you.

Options
4 Reply
Re:In-app Schedule
2024-01-11 09:34:16 - last edited 2024-01-11 12:09:59

@TheScottyZ 

This should be possible under the Schedule Tab for the device. 

Tab on the smart device to open its control panel. 

At the bottom, tap on the schedule tab.  

At the top right, tap on the "+" icon to add a scheduled event, such as turning on the device at set time and select on what days of the week  to do it. Then tap the "+" icon again to set when to turn the device off.  Repeat this process for each period of the day you'd like to turn the device on and off.  

Your device should turn on and off throughout the day at the designated times. 

In theory you can combine the Schedule with the Smart Action feature.   

When setting a scheduled event to turn on the LED strip, instead of defining a time of day, you can simply set for "sunrise" or "sunset". 

Instead of scheduling an event time to turn the LED strip off, return to "Home" screen and tap the "Smart" tab. 

In the upper right corner tap on the "+" icon. Select "Control Device".

Under "When" tap "Add Trigger" and select "Trigger Device" and choose the Smart device that controls your LED strip.  Make sure to toggle "Turn on" and tap "Done". 

Under "Then" tap "Control Smart Device". Select the the device that controls the LED strip. Tap the "On Duration" and set the amount of time the device should remain on, before automatically turning off again. 

Now, each time the schedule triggers the LED strip to turn on throughout the day,  it should automatically turn off after the Smart action timer expires. 

Options
2024-01-11 12:10:39 - last edited 2024-01-11 12:17:13

@J_Shaw Yes, your instructions worked perfectly.  Thank you!  Now, can you answer this please?

https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/forum/topic/646600

Options
2024-01-12 03:57:54

@TheScottyZ 

I'm glad it helped

Sorry, I can't help you with your other thread, I don't own any LED strips. You'll have to reach out to TP-Link directly for assistance. 

Options
2024-01-12 12:47:37

@J_Shaw Oh ok.  I thought you were a Kasa support person.  I have already reached out to Kasa support on two different occasions and received two different answers.  One being yes and the other being no.  It appears that Kasa/Tapo doesn't have any of any of their support people working these forums. Too bad.  I might just have to buy a single strip and answer the question myself.

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 150

Replies: 4

Related Articles