Votes

Enhanced Device Status Change Notifications thru Kasa App

2024-01-08 18:16:50
Model: HS103   EC60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I would like to see a feature added to the Kasa app that allows users to receive a notification when a smart home device loses power. In particular, the very affordable nature of Kasa Smart Plug Minis makes them very practical for monitoring whatever is connected to them, even if you do not necessarily need the smart control. The application I am envisioning is to have one connected to the outlet that my garage freezer is plugged into so that if the GFCI on the garage circuit ever trips, I can receive a notification from the Kasa app that the "Garage Freezer" Smart Plug has lost power or gone offline, which will allow me to investigate and reset the garage circuit before the freezer warms up too much and ruins the food inside. By sheer coincindence, I also have an indoor Kasa camera connected to this same outlet to monitor the garage, so it would also work to get similar notifications when the camera loses power. This would also be a practical feature in scenarios where the camera is being used for home security or as a baby monitor, so the person monitoring can be alerted to a fault before an incident fails to be recorded or parents are not notified of their crying baby, etc.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 110

Replies: 0

Voters 1