Successful Factory Reset of CASA 360 Camera via Direct IP Connection after Pre-App Configuration.

Successful Factory Reset of CASA 360 Camera via Direct IP Connection after Pre-App Configuration.

2024-01-30 04:16:01
Tags: #Solution
Model: EC71  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 2.3.24

Hi, I would like to provide feedback and a resolution method for an issue encountered with the CASA 360 camera failing to connect to the home network with  the standard setup process. Full disclosure i used chat gpt to troubleshoot but the resolution was completely unexpected and should be retried to verify and pinpoint the actual issue for others.

Problem Explained: 

The CASA 360 camera was not connecting to the home network. after multiple attempts, including standard troubleshooting steps such as power cycling, internet reset, and long-press reset. The camera remained stuck on the "connecting" phase, with the app reporting "unable to connect" repeatedly. It was able to connect to the internet but any further steps such as connecting to it through the internet would cause the indicator to turn orange or be unresponsive and display "cannot connect to the device" text with troubleshooting that didn't resolve the issue.

Resolution Steps Taken:

1. Located the camera’s device’s assigned IP address via the gateway info. eg: xfinity app.
  2. Accessed the camera’s settings by entering its IP address directly into a web browser.
  3. The indicator should remain green and the camera should be accessible to the google home now (it did not previously work, very unclear how this resolved it but i do not want to try and recreate the problem, this took like 30 minutes of trial and error.)
  4. Unplugged, then plugged in the camera to the Wi-Fi network before attempting to link it with the mobile app, ensuring a clear state for a fresh setup.

Outcome: The camera connected successfully to the home network and subsequently integrated with the mobile app without further issues.

Recommendation for Troubleshooting Documentation: It may be good for support documentation to suggest finding the IP and accessing the camera's direct IP for a factory reset, especially in cases where the device was previously connected to a different network or user account.

Options
2 Reply
Re: Successful Factory Reset of CASA 360 Camera via Direct IP Connection after Pre-App Configuration.
2024-01-30 17:19:05

@UnitSystem,

Can you provide a bit more information such as your model of camera and the app that you are using? When you saw the device settings on the web, what was displayed and what were you able to change?

In general, our Kasa cameras do not offer an option to configure or set up the device via a web UI or via IP. For Kasa, it should be required that you use the Kasa App for the initial setup process. The only cameras that offered a web interface are much older and traditionally start with NCxxx

Options
Re: Successful Factory Reset of CASA 360 Camera via Direct IP Connection after Pre-App Configuration.
2024-01-31 23:12:24

@Riley_S Yes, the model name is EC71, the Indoor Pan-Tilt Security Camera. The app is the kasa/tp-link official app. I should have screenshot the information but another thing that may help is seperating both the 5ghz and 2.4ghz signal you're using. That was my issue with their mini smart plugs and i had changed it since then. As for the display information it looked similar to this process which will allow you access to the camera. Fingers crossed! https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/304/ 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 195

Replies: 2

Tags

Solution
Related Articles