How far can sensors be away from hub?

2024-04-05 15:26:15

I am thinking to install a home security system for my parents. It's a 4-story building. Each floor is about 800 sq feet, and each room is separated with concrete walls. Can contact sensors (T110) on 4th floor communicate with the hub (H200) on 1st floor? If not, can I use 2 hubs (on 1st and 3rd floor or more if needed) in the same building and group them by a single account to arm or disarm?

Options
1 Reply
Re:How far can sensors be away from hub?
a week ago

Hey @higan,

Apologies for the late response. Unfortunately, we can't tell for sure how far they will travel - especially with concrete construction.

The lower frequency and nature of Sub-Ghz does allow for the signal to better penetrate walls and obstacles, however there is still a limit to what the signals can achieve.

You can use more than one hub to establish your Sub-GHz network and then set automations or similar settings so that they follow the same pattern. I would generally look at using multiple hubs as it will increase the stability of your devices, especially if your signal starts falling off. You may as well start with a single hub and consider adding another if it is needed.

Options