Bug with T315 Automation?

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.12 Build 240320 Rel.123648

Hi,

A few weeks ago, I bought several Tapo P110M, 1x T315, 1x H100, and a dehumidifier that restarts after a power outage. All of this was to control the humidity of a room based on the humidity and the temperature of the same room.

However, I have noticed a major problem in the automation logic that makes it nearly impossible to do anything:

When I set a humidity trigger on the T315 and a temperature condition (if statment), the automation never triggers.

Examples:

I place the T315 and the H100 right next to my router to eliminate any communication problems (I am 100% sure that this is not the issue).
*In the following examples, the automations are always effective (without time restrictions) and obviously enabled.
*H100 firmware:
1.5.12 Build 240320 Rel.123648
*H100 and T315 hardware version: 1.0
*Tapo app version: 3.4.512

1. Automation that works 100%:
  • Room condition before creating the automation: 20°C, 60% RH
  • Trigger: humidity > 65%
  • Condition: none
  • Action: send a notification

-> I increase the room humidity to 70% (temp still ~20°C)
-> Notification received

I modify the automation:

• Room condition before modifying the automation: 20°C, 70% RH
  • Trigger: humidity < 65%
  • Condition: none

-> I decrease the room humidity to 60% (temp still ~20°C)
-> Notification received

I repeated these two steps several times, the notifications were always received.

1. Automation that does not work:
  • Trigger: humidity > 65%
  • Condition: Temperature < 30°C

-> No notification sent.

I redo the automation:

• Room condition before creating the automation: 20°C, 70% RH
  • Trigger: humidity < 65%

-> I decrease the room humidity to 60% (temp still ~20°C)
-> No notification sent.

I repeated these two steps five times in a row, so I should have received 10 notifications. None were received.

1. If I add an on/off trigger on a P110M:
  • Trigger: humidity > 65% or P110M on/off

-> No notification sent by the humidity trigger.
-> After that, when I turn the P110M on or off -> notification received every time, so temp condition works as intended with another trigger.

It seems that it's not the temperature condition that's not working, but rather that the mere presence of a temperature condition prevents the humidity trigger from functioning, even when the temperature condition is met, and the humidity crosses the trigger threshold in the correct direction.

I have been pulling my hair out for two days trying to understand why it doesn't work. My automations were more complex initially, but after many attempts, I discovered this simple scenario that demonstrates the malfunction.

My main question is whether it's only my device that has this problem, or if it is widespread?
In the latter case, I really hope we get a quick fix... Because I am left with all this equipment that is useless to me currently.

On a side note: If only there were a "run every x minutes/hours" trigger, I'm almost certain I could manage by adding humidity and temperature conditions that would be tested at regular intervals (every 10-15 minutes for example). Unfortunately, this feature is greatly missing for many other scenarios as well. But this would not eliminate the current logic problem either...

Options
4 Reply
Re:Bug with T315 Automation?
2 weeks ago

Hey @Edned8X,

Along with our previous message, I sent you a request a bit more information about your case. Our team was able to verify the behavior with our own setups and we are now in contact with our development team. 

From our own tests, it looks as though you are correct when you say that using either the temperature or humidity ranges from a T315 as an automation condition will prevent the automation from activating, even if it meets all requirements and the device status is updated in the app. As we hear more, we will make sure to provide an update on the behavior.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Riley_S 

Ok, thanks. I confirm once again that my triggers never work in this kind of situation (humidity trigger with temperature condition).

However, I found a solution that is not ideal since it gets one of my devices stuck on an "unnecessary" task , but it allows me to work around the problem:
-> I have programmed a P110M to switch off or on every 45 minutes using the 'scheduled' feature of the P110M (which are limited to 32/day = every 45 minutes), not via smart actions.
-> Then I created smart actions that have "P110M switch off/on" as the trigger, with the desired humidity and temperature as conditions.
This way, the temperature and humidity are tested every 45 minutes, and I can act accordingly... In case this helps someone while waiting for a fix.

Options
a week ago

Hey @Edned8X,

Just to provide you with an update. Our team has communicated that a fix has been identified and being patched - a fix should be made available soon.

I would recommend checking to see if your automations have already begun working as mine and a coworker's automations we created for testing started to trigger as expected last night, but we are not sure if any fixes were formally pushed as of yet.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
a week ago

Hi @Riley_S ,

Ok, very nice!
I can't really test my setup before this week-end, but I will.
Thank you very much :)

Options