Prime Day Purchase Selection

2024-07-16 13:58:01 - last edited 2024-07-17 23:05:06

I'm trying to take advantage of Prime Day and need (minimum) a wireless doorbell (preferably with long battery life, easily rechargable, and lots of featues). What would be my best options?  I'd also very much consider a bundle with some great outdoor cameras with long battery life, great imagery, night vision, etc.).

Also: I'm not sure what the relationship is between TP-Link, Taso, and Kasa. Can someone please clarify for me?  Would Taso & Kasa be compatible or no?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Prime Day Purchase Selection-Solution
2024-07-16 16:58:21 - last edited 2024-07-17 23:05:06

Hey @BlueGrits,

Glad to hear that you are interested, let me know if you have any questions - but I will try to provide an overview of where and what to look for:

Your best current bet for a battery doorbell would be the Tapo TD25, as our other Battery / Dual Power Doorbell is set to release soon - but is extremely similar to the TD25.

For Outdoor Battery Cameras, you will want to likely look towards our C4XX series of cameras. The Tapo C425s have extremely long battery lives and are Wi-Fi Cameras with great Night Vision and Quality. and C420s are Sub-Ghz Cameras that have an even longer battery life, but require a Sub-G Hub on your network. Most cameras are Wi-Fi but you will need to choose you camera based on the night vision and video resolution. Our camera deals can be found with this search

I will say that it looks like most of our outdoor cameras have pretty steep discounts, but I am not sure that this extends quite the same to bundles of Wi-Fi cameras. The only real bundle of cameras that you will see is for Sub-G, C420 Cameras

You could consider somthing like the C425 Solar KIT, which will remove your need to recharge the cameras.

Lastly, TP-Link is our Parent Brand. Tapo and Kasa are the two smart home brands that are owned and developed by TP-Link - each with different origins and backstories. Right now, you can currently use your Kasa-Branded devices in the Tapo App, but you cannot yet use your Tapo devices in the Kasa App. Since you are just starting, I would recommend using the Tapo App for whichever brand of devices you use.

Check out our HomePage for Prime Day to See a Few of the deals being most used: https://www.tp-link.com/us/promotion/2024primeday/

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-25 18:15:53 - last edited 2024-07-25 19:56:51

@BlueGrits,

If you are talking about the mounting plate, I believe that a different method was used to help prevent the doorbell from being easily ripped off or stolen. There is one little image in the quick install guide on removing the mounting bracket - you will need to use a pin to press the release on top.
dc1fb10232ad4c5b8ca88061c4fc463c

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
2024-07-16 16:58:21 - last edited 2024-07-17 23:05:06

Hey @BlueGrits,

Glad to hear that you are interested, let me know if you have any questions - but I will try to provide an overview of where and what to look for:

Your best current bet for a battery doorbell would be the Tapo TD25, as our other Battery / Dual Power Doorbell is set to release soon - but is extremely similar to the TD25.

For Outdoor Battery Cameras, you will want to likely look towards our C4XX series of cameras. The Tapo C425s have extremely long battery lives and are Wi-Fi Cameras with great Night Vision and Quality. and C420s are Sub-Ghz Cameras that have an even longer battery life, but require a Sub-G Hub on your network. Most cameras are Wi-Fi but you will need to choose you camera based on the night vision and video resolution. Our camera deals can be found with this search

I will say that it looks like most of our outdoor cameras have pretty steep discounts, but I am not sure that this extends quite the same to bundles of Wi-Fi cameras. The only real bundle of cameras that you will see is for Sub-G, C420 Cameras

You could consider somthing like the C425 Solar KIT, which will remove your need to recharge the cameras.

Lastly, TP-Link is our Parent Brand. Tapo and Kasa are the two smart home brands that are owned and developed by TP-Link - each with different origins and backstories. Right now, you can currently use your Kasa-Branded devices in the Tapo App, but you cannot yet use your Tapo devices in the Kasa App. Since you are just starting, I would recommend using the Tapo App for whichever brand of devices you use.

Check out our HomePage for Prime Day to See a Few of the deals being most used: https://www.tp-link.com/us/promotion/2024primeday/

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Prime Day Purchase Selection
2024-07-17 16:32:43
Is this the C425 outdoor camera you're referring to? Seems like a GREAT deal! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CHSK6M21?tag=pdc425-20&th=1
Options
2024-07-17 16:50:18

@BlueGrits,

Yes, that would be the camera, and it is a phenomenal deal for what you get. Thinking of picking a few up myself, actually :) 

This is one of our latest, if not the latest camera to release at 2K resolution. 

Options
2024-07-24 18:03:56

@Riley_S 

I picked up three cameras and the TD25 doorbell you suggested!  I have run into an installaton problem with the TD25 and hope you can help me as directions are unclear. How does one remove the back cover on the TD25 housing?  (I'm referring to the part which covers where all the connections are made.)

Options
2024-07-25 18:15:53 - last edited 2024-07-25 19:56:51

@BlueGrits,

If you are talking about the mounting plate, I believe that a different method was used to help prevent the doorbell from being easily ripped off or stolen. There is one little image in the quick install guide on removing the mounting bracket - you will need to use a pin to press the release on top.
dc1fb10232ad4c5b8ca88061c4fc463c

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-25 19:56:08

@Riley_S 

That's exactly right!  I confess that I followed the numbered directions on the front of the QuickStart Guide and must have skipped over the part on the back. I now have the plate off and am charging up. 

As a side note, the pin-type lock doesn't seem to offer much protection against theft and, if one does local storage, the evidence of theft disappears with the device. I think a better approach (one used by a competitor) uses a uiquely shaped fastener so, with the appropriate tool, the only method for removal is major damaged.  I do, though,like the fact that this device does appear to have an alarm built into it to help thwart theft.

Note: I got support via Chat Live and they kept telling me that there was a latch at the bottom and to slide it up. We spent over an hour on this and it ended with them kicking this up to L3 support because they couldn't figure out what to do.   [TKID240769443] 18196872/ how to install /TD25.

Thanks again for the help on purchase and questions!  I've now got TP-Link Deco mesh, 3 cameras, and a doorbell.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 6

Related Articles