TC71, camera losing connection frequently

2024-07-26 08:40:16
Model: Tapo TC73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: version1.3.9

The TC71 camera keeps losing connection within a span of a day. Despite my continuous efforts of reconnecting them again. they would still lose connection afterwards and would require me to repeat the process everyday.

At the moment, the ip address changes frequently. i thought about doing ip reservation. However, my supervisor doesn't allow me to access the router so that is no longer an option.
Besides that, i dnt know what i can do to resolve this perdicament as i've tried checking for firmware updates, rebooting the cameras, and adjust the camera setting. Please do let me know if there is still ways i haveyet to try in resolving this issue. Thank you for reading this.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TC71, camera losing connection frequently
2024-07-26 17:05:28

@LemonFart,

Your best bet will be to use the IP Reservation feature, unfortunately. It sounds as though there may be a network setting that is causing the developer difficulty in regaining the connection. An IP Reservation is Dyanimic to the Camera so you may simply provide your supervisor with the MAC address of the device to reserve.

In general, Companies and IT departments would prefer to have devices not make requests across the network to the DHCP server, which allows your supervisors to more accurately track the devices that are connecting to the network - as they can reliably see the camera in their client list.

Without access to the router settings, there is not too much that can be done, but you can try:

• Enabling the Camera Account Feature, this broadcasts the video stream across your network and can be accessed via Username and Password. This may be enough to keep the router-camera connection alive.
  • Checking the Distance between your nearest access point and your router. Are there large metal objects between the camera and router?
  • It is possible on some of our latest cameras with the latest updates to set a static IP on the camera. First check to see if your model has the feature under Advanced > Network. Be warned that creating a static IP without the corresponding reservation can result in another device stealing the IP and your camera not being able to reconnect at all.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 83

Replies: 1

Related Articles