Does Tapo d225 support onvif?

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Does the Tapo D225 support onvif on wired mode?

If so, what credentials do i use to authenticate the camera from my network storage device?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Does Tapo d225 support onvif?
3 weeks ago

Hey @Chungkyd,

I do not believe that support for ONVIF has been added to the D225 yet, but is something that our teams were looking into adding. I will have to check to see if there have been any updates.

If the features have already been made available, it would only be available while the camera has a hard-wired power connection and would use the credentials you can set in the Tapo App under Advanced > Camera Account (If the device is compatible)

Options
3 weeks ago

@Riley_S  thanks for following up! It looks like the D225 does not support ONVIF as of Aug 2024 then. I have it configured in wired mode and do not see the Advanced > Camera Account menu item as you've described. 

I will try out the D130 then as it looks like another user here: https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/forum/topic/650606 was able to get ONVIF working in their setup. 

Thanks for the help!

Options
3 weeks ago

@Chungkyd,

Thanks for checking on the D225 settings - I will see if there are any updates for when this feature may arrive. Also, I can actually verify that the D130 has already received support for RTSP and ONVIF, as this was the first doorbell to be released and have these features.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Chungkyd thanks for asking this! I just got my D225 yesterday and got it hooked up. One of the reasons I went with this model was an Amazon review claiming 1.1.4 firmware supported RTSP. Other reviews say it doesn't support RTSP, and I can confirm at least on 1.1.13, even with wired mode and Always-On enabled, I'm not seeing the "Camera Account" option. Hoping it gets added soon!

Would love to hear if @Riley_S has an update on the schedule to provide RTSP support.

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hey @Zavior,

Thanks for linking that review, as it does provide some clues. The review mentions that their camera was using 1.1.4 to have access to the feature, but this was given by the developers when they reached out. This has been done in the past for select cases or to test features before release, but it is not as easy as posting a firmware file for people to apply if they would like. 

Given that the firmware is out in the wild, I would imagine that we should see an update soon. I know that there has been a great deal of optimizations made to the ONVIF and RTSP features over recent months for our other camera models, whether it be to improve quality, frame rate, or stability. [EDIT I was able to get a small update in that the next firmware should begin rolling out to devices soon and that it shouldn't be too much longer.]

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 266

Replies: 5

Related Articles