Unable to connect

Unable to connect
Unable to connect
3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C211  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good Day.

I purchased a tapo c211. I tested it when I first received it and it worked jut fine. When finally installed in the place it will be used, it does not connect. I connect the camera to the AC outlet and it does por on but it just stays on the slow binking red light. Already tried resetting the camera several times, but it does nothing. The slow blinking red light stays there all the time. I disconnected it and connected it again, but it does nothing different. Removed the camera form the Tapo App and now it cannot be added because it cannot connect. please help!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to connect
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hey @LuchoM,

I would start with fresh to begin:

- Reset the Tapo Camera (Should Blink Red and Green

- Remove the Tapo Camera from the App if it is There

- Reinstall the Tapo App to clear any settings that may be interfering

- Reboot Your Phone

- Check to see if the setup network for the camera is visible from your phone's list of Wi-Fi networks, then Configure the Camera from within the Tapo App

The Slow Blinking Red Light is an indicator that the device is trying to connect to your Wi-Fi. Do you have any firewalls or protections on your network that could prevent the device from connecting? If you have an IoT or Guest Network, I would recommend trying to configure the device with these networks. I would also recommend going through the list of known networks in your phone and removing any networks for the cameras setup network.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Riley_S 

- Reset the Tapo Camera (Should Blink Red and Green) - I did press and hold the reset button for 5, 10, 15, 20 seconds, but it does not do anything. It stays the same

- Remove the Tapo Camera from the App if it is There - I did it, still the same.

- Reinstall the Tapo App to clear any settings that may be interfering - I did it, did not work.

- Reboot Your Phone - I did it too, did not work.

- Check to see if the setup network for the camera is visible from your phone's list of Wi-Fi networks, then Configure the Camera from within the Tapo App - It does not show up.

- There are no firewalls on the router/modem.

-Camera set up network does not show up on the list of my phone.

- Reboot router/modem

- Attempted to connect the camera to another house on different wifi network where there is another working Tapo camera already connected to that network. Did not do anything, Slow blinking red light remains.

I already tried different things before reaching out for support from you guys.

Options
3 weeks ago

@LuchoM,

It looks like you have done all the steps that we recommend for troubleshooting. Lastly, I would make sure that your reset button is not stuck and is the reason it appears to have no effect. Otherwise, I would recommend getting in touch with our support teams who can help to restore the firmware to defaults or can determine if there is a fix possible. You can likely point them toward this thread so you do not have restate everything that you have done. I would make sure to mention that your reset button is not causing anything and that the setup wi-fi cannot be seen.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 99

Replies: 3

Related Articles