Tapo C425 Camera

Tapo C425 Camera

Tapo C425 Camera
Tapo C425 Camera
a week ago
Model: Tapo C425  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.20

I've installed a new security system using Tapo C425 cameras, I've also updated my WiFi with an Orbi 7 with 4 satelittes placed throughout the house. I also live in a concrete block house. I can't figure out why one camera is further from a satelltie or the router operates well with a strong signal while another camera is closer to a satellite with a very strong signal. I have moved satellites around but in a few cameras nothing seems to work. I keep looking for data on signal stength and what is the recommended range, but no luck.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C425 Camera
Thursday

Hey @FE1011,

Typically these cases are a result of how your network manages the connections between devices. The C425 also uses a 2.4Ghz connection, so it is very possible that it can receive a stable connection over a longer range.

I am not sure what settings are available to Orbis but you should see if you have specific client settings. On Deco, it is possible to force a device to a specific node - see if you have a similar feature. I would also recommend turning off any other advanced features you may have for individual devices, as these can often affect the device's stability.

While you were testing, did you leave your nodes in that location for a day or two without repowering the cameras? It is possible that it has connected to another node and has become 'stuck' to that node until it refreshes its IP.

Also, depending on the placement of the camera, it is possible that there are additional sources of interference or additional barriers preventing the connection. I have seen this often when placing a camera in a garage, as they wall between a home and garage is much thicker and more difficult to pass a signal through.

Options