HS200 wiring - 2 white wires - HELP!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-26 23:07:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm trying to install an HS200 Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch to my living room ceiling fan / lights (all controlled by one switch). It just won't work, and every 10 seconds or so the lights "blink" on and the switch itself clicks (simultaneously). The signal meter never turns green, but stays yellow (amber) except for the "blink" times, when it goes off altogether, and then comes right back on. When I called tech support, they acted like it was because there was only supposed to be one neutral (white) wire in the box (I have 2, though they were already twisted and wire-nutted together), yet their own directions in their app (see attachment) show and describe two white (neutral) wires already in the box. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks!
File:
Screenshot_20161125-055119.jpgDownload
Options
1 Reply
wires
2016-12-07 09:26:15
If its a standard setup you will have 2 white wires 2 black wires and 2 ground wires. ground comes in and goes to the fixture. Same with neutral wire nutted together and goes to fixture. 1 black wire is power should be bottom of original switch and top normally goes to fixture thru the switch.green to ground with wire nut. white to whites and black to black. if you also have a red wire then that can change everything.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1620

Replies: 1

Related Articles