HS100 Not able to enable Remote Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-12 01:23:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

Anyone have trouble, after setting up the HS100 through the Kasa app, with turning on remote control? I have two and both have the same problem. I have them on a 2.4ghz network and using an iphone6s to try and enable remote control (also on the same 2.4ghz network.) I get a "Your Device Has No Internet" error that says "Please make sure your device is installed on a workable network. Tap Retry then we will test connection in few seconds." I retry this and it turns my lamp off and on, however still won't let me enable remote control.

I'm running HS100 hardware version 1.0 and Firmware Version 1.1.1, Signal strength -61dBm. Also my 2.4ghz network does have internet access.

Any help is appreciated.
Options
18 Reply
Re:HS100 Not able to enable Remote Control
2016-12-13 06:34:00
I am having the same problem. My firmware version is 1.1.0. Apparently that's important. I just got off of the "chat" tech support line with Betty and she told me to update my firmware. I am waiting for her to email me further instructions. She seemed confident that this will fix my problem. We'll see!

Additional post! Upgrading to firmware version 1.1.2 did
fix my problem. The link used to download the firmware is as follows: http://static.tp-link.com/iotUpgradeTool_V1.0.zip
Tom B
Options
2016-12-13 15:57:04
The HS will use port 50443 to communicate with cloud server that means if your router block this port may could the device no internet.
so suggest disable Firewalls in your router or you can just set a DMZ for HS for a test. if you can enable remote control successfully when you set a DMZ feature , that mean indeed your router block the device.
Options
2016-12-15 07:55:02
Exact same issue on the HS-110 switch. Tried port forwarding on my router for ports 1040, 9999, 50443 among others without success. Please post any info regarding firmware upgrades.
thx
Options
2016-12-18 22:42:30
Update: I picked up a WeMo Smart Plug yesterday. Setup was easy, but this switch is easily discovered by Echo Dot. It actually works!
Options
2016-12-27 01:48:49
I have tried port forwarding port 50443 for the HS100 and also created a DMZ entry for it, but I still get the message "Your device has no internet". I have four devices total: 2 HS200 switches and 2 HS100 plugs and the only reason I got these was to connect them to Alexa.
Options
Same problem here
2016-12-27 09:27:12
I chatted with tech support and they had me try forwarding ports, turning off firewall and setting up DMZ. I also upgraded the firmware to the latest. Tech support said they would e-mail me after consulting with a 'senior engineer'. That was about 5 hours ago and no e-mail yet. I think I may be returning this frustrating piece of junk.
Options
2016-12-29 07:26:27
I am getting the same message. The funny thing is I have 2 switches that have been installed on the same network for 2 weeks and they work flawless. I am trying to connect a 3rd plug now and I am getting the same error and not able to connect. It says that it does not have internet, but I looked in my router and all three devices were listed with their proper MAC address. The router showed all of the devices were connected to the internet and were actively accessing the internet as it was showing the bits of information that was exchanged with all of the devices. I got with tech support and they tried all of the step previously listed and none of them fixed the problem. I also did the Firmware update but it will only take me to firmware 1.0.8 on the plug that is not working. Even after the updates, the firmware on ones that do work are on Firmware 1.1.0 and 1.1.2. So I am not sure, but I don't think the update tool really does anything. I had a 4th plug that was unopened. I removed the 3rd plug that was working and the 4th plug appeared to install successfully just like the 3rd one did, but as soon as I tried the "remote control" I got the same error message on the new plug.
Options
2016-12-29 07:35:53
Well. I posted a long detailed issues with some things I tried and I have no idea where it went. I finally was able to update all my firmware on all my devices and it still doesn't work.
Options
Finally
2017-01-14 23:57:51
First, let my express my anger about companies using their customers as beta testers. It is annoying to spend hours on such a stupid device.

I tried factory reset, DMZ, firmware update, didn't help.

Then I logged out of my account in Kasa, deleted Kasa, reinstalled it and created a new account. Then I did a factory reset on the device (which already had firmware 1.12 then). Then I added the device again. What can I say, it worked!

For an hour...

:mad:
Options
2017-01-15 01:09:17
I posted a long reply and it was not published. Maybe because I complained about TP-Link. Long story short, nothing helps in the long run, at least for me.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5022

Replies: 18