KASA App not sending emails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-19 11:42:49
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I downloaded the KASA app for iPhone . Is says it's sending me a email link to verify but it doesn't happen. Tried 6 + times with no results. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks
Options
8 Reply
Re:KASA App not sending emails
2016-12-20 12:20:39
You are doing this from your iPhone? Can you try making a TP-Link account at the website? Then you should be able to just log in on the app.
Options
2016-12-21 11:29:11

Squintyeyed Pug wrote

You are doing this from your iPhone? Can you try making a TP-Link account at the website? Then you should be able to just log in on the app.
iI screwed up. I typed two .. on my email address. Did it without my glasses on. Lol. Thanks for the reply
Options
2017-01-05 03:50:31

Squintyeyed Pug wrote

Apparently I've messed up my Kasa activation as well, Kasa says I'm not verified, but the APP won't send requests for more emails. Where do I 'try making a TP-Link account at the website'. I don't see any obvious place to do this...

Thanks in advance,
Tom
Options
2017-01-05 19:55:29
excuse me from butting in here but what do you mean by " account at the website?"

is there a tp-link email page?
Options
2017-01-07 10:50:15
OK, my bad. I think the account on the website is for this forum, etc. I do remember I set up the app using one email address, then reset everything and used a second email address, which I don't recall having any difficulty doing. I guess worst case, remove the app from the phone and re-install it.
Options
2017-01-07 21:44:42
@Squintyeyed Pug, as it turns out, you may have been right. There is a website: http://www.tplinkcloud.com where you can setup an account and TP-Link support people suggested I try there. Fortunately, it turned out that all I had to do was to log out from my phone App and restart the phone app, logging in with the mail and password I had entered originally. The status was updated to connected and has worked fine ever since.
Tom
Options
2017-01-31 01:12:11
TomWS how did you log out of the app? All I have are options to exit (android) when I go back into the app I am back to logged in. I also already have the cloud account and can get into that fine.
Options
2017-02-15 04:23:10
I have an iPhone, not Android. When I open the Kasa app, from the Home screen I tap the horizontal lines on the top left; if I tap on "View Account" under my email there is a "Sign out from Kasa" option.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2390

Replies: 8