IFTTT Channel?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IFTTT Channel?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
IFTTT Channel?
IFTTT Channel?
2016-12-21 07:49:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Does TP-Link have an IFTTT channel? I don't see one and WeMO, DLink etc all do. I cant believe I bought the only one that doesn't? I have 6 plugs and 3 wall switches. All I want to do is turn on a set of devices with an event.
Options
37 Reply
Re:IFTTT Channel?
2016-12-21 16:26:26
Yup, completely agree! It didn't even occur to me that they would not be controllable through ifttt! Thinking of returning mine to Amazon
Options
2016-12-27 21:06:32
Hardware vendors should start with support IFTTT as first action. It's great that the smart plug support the amazon echo, but starting with IFTTT make much more sense as the echo support IFTTT. Hope IFTTT support will come soon.
Options
2016-12-30 21:31:33
I came here to say this is much needed feature. I will buy other brands in the future, as TP-link is the only one not supporting IFTTT. Is it difficult to implement IFTTT support?

If I buy amazon Alexa will I then get IFTTT features for my TP-link smartplugs?
Options
2017-01-05 19:45:33
TP Link you need to get this completed, it was written previously on your facebook page that it would be in completed by end of year. Can we get an approximate date?
Options
2017-01-06 09:33:22
Another vote here for IFTTT immediate support. Agree with the comment that hardware manufacturers should offer this out of the gate. (Tho, I recognize the trend is to get something out, however, imperfect and hope enough people will forgive you that you gain mind/ market share.) I have several Amazon Echo devices, but Amazon's search is still so lame. I have a Google Home and as soon as it has caught up to Echo/ Alexa on basic functionality, I'll switch to using it as my primary home automation controller/ personal assistant.
Options
No IFTTT
2017-01-21 12:30:17

kludermor wrote

I came here to say this is much needed feature. I will buy other brands in the future, as TP-link is the only one not supporting IFTTT. Is it difficult to implement IFTTT support?

If I buy amazon Alexa will I then get IFTTT features for my TP-link smartplugs?

No, you will not get IFTTT for Tp-Link when you buy an Echo.... until Tp-link makes that service available. I'm guessing that there is some fee IFTTT charges to have a company use its service.
Options
2017-01-21 12:39:15
I too want IFTTT but I think Tp-link has to pay some fee to have its products work with IFTTT. I looked on IFTTT's web site and anyone can become a developer but it costs money.

It's free to develope skills for Amazon's Alexa. But lack of support for IFTTT from Tp-link will make me go with Wemo for any other smart home purchases.
Options
2017-01-23 01:21:09
I agree; please, tp-link, add IFTTT support!
Options
2017-01-26 22:15:35
I'll add my urgent request for tp-link to add IFTTT functionality. This will greatly expand the ability to control switches, etc. with different inputs. It will also help bridge the gap of controlling devices across different manufacturers.
Options
2017-01-31 23:14:12
Yes, please add IFTTT support.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4502

Replies: 37

Related Articles