IFTTT Channel?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IFTTT Channel?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
37 Reply
Re:IFTTT Channel?
2017-04-19 18:49:50
I could see from the forum that IFTTT was on its way and for Christmas got myself 6 plugs and 4 bulbs, added more since, Its payday this Friday and I am NOT buying any more till this major feature gap is filled. Really wishing i had gone with another provider at this point.
Options
2017-04-21 02:02:38
Completely agree, luckily I only have 5 plus but wish I gone the Wemo route now, which I will do. This clearly shows to me that TP-Link do not care about customers and providing a good customer service. Adding an IFTTT service delivers no immediate monetary value to them in their view I suspect, this is short sighted as longer term they will lose customers and tarnish their reputation as they have done with us. Failing to see the opportunity and deliver value to your customers is starting on the route to business suicide. Investing all your time and effort in a £300 smart router that nobody wants whilst ignoring existing customers and they are well down that route for me in the smart home arena.
Options
2017-04-25 02:45:58
If IFTTT is critical you can use them with AutomationManager, you can read about it by clicking on my posting name and then profile or home page.
Options
2017-06-06 05:39:06
Here for the same thing as well. I also spoke to tech support and got a very similar answer and that it is on it's way but no time scale. I was apparently added to a mailing list for when it becomes available.Not holding my breath though.
Options
2017-06-07 01:08:03
You are wise not to hold your breath, you'd break all records if you managed it given that TP-Link have been 'looking at this' for some 9 months or more. What they are really saying is 'we know about it, but won't pay for it because we don't really care so no timescales'
Options
2017-06-14 00:25:29
My girlfriend bought me two of these plugs for my birthday. Imation how upset I was when I found out they didn’t support IFTTT.

As far as I see it, it makes these plugs a complete waste of her money. I wish she bought the D-link ones.

Just making the team aware that IFTTT is a key selling point for automation. So I will give it a few months and if I don’t see IFTTT support I will look at different products and sell these on ebay while they are still worth something.
Options
Found this
2017-07-13 16:15:55
Whilst waiting on support again I found this http://www.tp-link.com/us/support/ifttt-compatibility/ link to a tp-link page showing which of their products are IFTTT compatible, so they do have an IFTTT channel just not for the HS100 etc products.Anyone have any of these items can check it out?
Options
Latest from tech support
2017-07-13 19:32:23
Just received the following reply from tech support after asking them to check with the higher ups."Thanking you very much for your chat requesting information about our product. This is Rose, and I’ve checked the issue with seniors today.But sorry to tell you that our Smart Plugs doesn’t support IFTTT and currently we don’t have any plan for IFTTT with the Smart Plug yet."So again contradictory to what I and many others have been told about it being in progress.Think it's time to cut the losses and dump TP-link in favour of someone doing it properly.
Options
2017-07-14 00:44:59
If you're ready to pack it in anyway let me pitch an alternative - my (paid) app extends the tp-link device capabilities over that provided by kasa, including IFTTT integration. You'll find a description linked in my signature and I'm happy to answer any questions.
Options
Stringify
2017-08-04 16:32:49
Now we know TP-link aren't going to support IFTTT I had a search around and found Stringify, TP-link kasa is supported currently as a beta but it does seem to work.Sometimes the app is a bit sticky and slow to update but I've linked all of my plugs are they seem to be working.Had to delete and recreate one of the "flows" as it didn't work first time around but seems ok now.
Options
Related Articles