IFTTT Channel?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IFTTT Channel?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
37 Reply
Re:IFTTT Channel?
2017-02-07 19:17:19
TPLink - An update on this would be appreciated. Just bought four of your adaptors only to find no IFTTTT integration. This continued situation will only result in poor feedback and returned items..
Options
2017-02-10 17:09:54
Well, I contacted support and this was their answer:

[FONT=arial]"Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused by our products. Sorry that our products disappoint you, as they don't support IFTTT. We also recognize the shortcoming of our product, and our R&D technicians are planning to make our product available for IFTTT recently. We are sorry that we can tell when it will be available as our technicians need time to test it to make sure the product could work properly with IFTTT protocol. Your understanding would be much appreciated."

[SIZE=2]So I have asked why this is so challenging for TPLINK given this has been going on for months and also asked just how much longer they are expecting us to wait given competitors have introduced IFTTT much more quickly.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Options
2017-02-11 12:47:57
This is what I got from support: " We don't have a exact date. Our engineers are working on Android Weave. IFTTT is not on the plan for now."
Options
2017-02-11 18:05:31
It's not technically challenging it's that they don't want to pay the incense fee to IFTTT
Options
2017-02-12 03:40:27
didmonk - that's worrying. I received another response from support as below:

"Our smart plug is a new product, and it just came to market in the middle of last year. Then, we started to receive customer feedback, and decided to design smart plug to support IFTTT. This process may last for several months. And our technicians now are trying their best to develop the products. We are not sure when it will be available for IFTTT. Sorry about the delay. "

This worries me even more... it appears they may be suggesting that they need to develop a new version of plug to support IFTTT, if so, that would leave all of us with plugs that don't work with IFTTT. I have have asked them the question... and if that is the case, mine are going straight back.
Options
2017-02-13 02:35:05
Well I thankfully got some clarity from their support, firmware update:

"
[FONT=arial]I mean our technicians will carry out a firmware for current smart plugs to make them to support IFTTT in the future. But we are really not sure when they could release the firmware. Sorry about that."

[/FONT]
Options
2017-04-09 20:25:12
If not IFTTT then how about opening up the API so customers can make REST calls themselves?
Options
2017-04-11 01:22:39
Quite how difficult this is for them bemuses me. I see they released an app update recently in time Google Home. It's a real shame they are ignoring customers who will no doubt migrate away to Wemo or the like.
Options
2017-04-12 00:50:20
After asking the question again.... just received the same standard..."please go away" response:

Dear Dean,
Many thanks for your valuable reply.
I am so sorry for the waiting!
I consulted the engineer about this issue, but the IFTTT is still on the way but there is no accurate date.
Really so sorry and thank you for your understandind.

> Hi,
>
> Two months on and customers are still unaware of any intentions from TPLink
> to provide IFTTT access. This will ultimately be damaging for your product
> as customers choose to purchase alternatives that do support IFTTT and will
> feedback via internet reviews and forums.
>
> Do you have any confirmed time line to introduce IFTTT ?, if not this
> unfortunately demonstrates a lack of intention to do so on your behalf.
>
> Thanks
Options
Honestly, how hard can this be?
2017-04-12 13:48:36
There is no question that the folks at tp-link are smart, but if they don't keep up, we will have another Palm Pilot/Zune on our hands. Yikes!
Options
Related Articles