Is there a 'pass thru' mode on a HS110?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-29 08:27:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I would like to have my HS110 act in a 'pass thru' mode until I wanted to use the lamp it controls in a 'managed' mode. I'm not sure how to explain what I want to do. 95% of the time I don't want to have the HS110 do anything. I want to be able to command the switch to go into some sort of 'program mode' where settings and schedules apply. When the schedule says to turn the light on and it doesn't go on, I don't want to have to go over and make sure I actually left the light turned on and it is in a 'off' program mode'. Maybe some combination of the supported commands would do the job, but I probably missed it. It would have been nice to actually have some sort of mechanical switch on the plug to enable/disable wifi command capability.
Any tips? What commands do you recommend?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Is there a 'pass thru' mode on a HS110?
2016-12-29 14:24:14
actually u could judge if the back-end device is working by check the power in the summary of Kasa
different mode means mix of on/off? schedule may only work for now but i think it's enough
Options
Re:Is there a 'pass thru' mode on a HS110?
2016-12-30 03:03:01
Thanks for the tip. I think what I'll end up doing is just leaving the plug 'on' with Kasa and only using the Schedule function for when I'm gone for an extended period. I'll just use the lamp as a 'non-programmed' outlet the majority of the time.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 665

Replies: 2