LB120 lamp missing from Kasa but still follow schedule so WiFi seems to be working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LB120 lamp missing from Kasa but still follow schedule so WiFi seems to be working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-06 23:20:22
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I bought 3 LB120 lamps, set up each in Kasa (Android) and set to permit access via web instead of just local wifi

1 bulb is working normally, it is displayed in Kasa while at home or away and it adheres to it's schedule. This bulb seems to have no issues.

Another bulb is not shown in Kasa, either while at home or away, but it also is still adhering to its schedule. Except that I can't access it via Kasa, it is working. I understand this to mean that the bulb is connected to my network and is receiving the proper on/off commands via the schedule I set in Kasa, but it would appear that while the server behind Kasa can communicate with the bulb but my app has lost it's link to the bulb.

The third bulb was set up in a light fixture, it was named and saved, but I removed the bulb and put it away until such time as I can climb a ladder and put it in the intended fixture. This bulb is not powered on, shouldn't it still be registered to my account until I actually install it into the receptacle it was purchased for?

So my question is this: why would 2 of these three bulbs disappear from my Kasa app? I could almost accept that the one that hasn't checked in for some time might have dropped, but it has only been a few weeks, and it disappeared within several days of setup. What can I do to get these 2 bulbs back in my app? Remember-- one of them is working just fine except that I can no longer address it via the Kasa app, it is installed in the same room as the other bulb which is working 100%, they have the same schedule, and they both come on and off at the same time so the schedule remains in effect. What can I do to get Kasa to see them again short of resetting them? If resetting the bulbs is something I will have to do every few weeks that is unacceptable.

Thanks,

Matt
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 644

Replies: 0