Trouble Using Bulb Manually (Only Blinks Twice)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-26 04:26:17
Model : TP-Link Smart LED Light Bulb, Wi-Fi, Dimmable, A19, Tunable White, 60W Equivalent, Works with Amazon Alexa, 1-Pack (LB120)
Hardware Version : ?? Not sure where to find this on the bulb

Firmware Version : ?? Not sure where to find this on the bulb

ISP :

Hello,

When I first got the bulb, I was easily able to configure it for use with Alexa.

My wife however, prefers to use it manually so I took it off the network and even re-installed the Kasa app

Now when turned on via a switch on the lamp, it lights up but after ten seconds blinks twice BRIGHTLY then reverts to the previous state

I tried re-configuring it to the network but I'm not able, even in manual mode. In this process I erased the bulb's preset as directed.

I have another TP-Link that works flawlessly in any application, networked or not.

Any help?
Options
2 Reply
Same issue
2017-03-11 02:10:15
but it's combined with another issue. Yesterday this particular bulb worked just fine. This morning Alexa told me it was offline. I used the Kasa app and it worked fine except that it said local wife only. Then that note disappeared but Alexa still couldn't control it though it could rediscover it when I asked it to do so. So then I had Alexa "forget" it and I went into the Kasa app and disconnected it too. But then I had trouble getting it reconnected. And for some reason it would only blink twice instead of three times. It did finally connect when I held my phone right next to the bulb. Finally I had Alexa rediscover it, which it did and Low and Behold! Alexa can now control it again. sigh. but I still love my smart system. I see that other people with other brand devices have the same problems. Guess it's just part of the wi-fi world.
Options
Same issue
2020-02-10 14:50:27

@lstead I had a similar problem after a power outage. What I beleived happened is that our power went on and off several times over the period of a few seconds. With the TP-Link smar bulbs, if you turn the power on and off three times over the span of a few seconds, it does a soft reset of the bulb, and it loses the WiFi information and can't be controlled. To fix, I removed the bulb from my Kasa app, and then performed a hard reset of the bulb by powering it off and on five times over ten seconds. (One second on, one second off, ...). End with it turned on; after a few moments, the bulb flashes 2-3 times to indicate that it did the reset. Then, follow the normal steps to install the bulb and set it up. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5122

Replies: 2