LB120 - Been working for a few weeks, now remote control wont enable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-26 23:24:33
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

It says unverified email when I tried to re-enable remote control. It worked when I first installed it weeks earlier and setting it up with Amazon Echo. The Kasa app sees it and I can change the color and brightness. I unplugged the lamp for 10 seconds and plugged it in again, but that hasn't helped. It seems like local access is ok but when I go into settings in KASA and location and time, trying to set it says cloud request failed. Is there an issue with the cloud service?
Options
6 Reply
Re:LB120 - Been working for a few weeks, now remote control wont enable
2017-03-28 18:12:17
Please reset the LB120 referring to the UG: http://static.tp-link.com/1910011976_LB1XX_V1_UG.pdf . Then reconfigure it on the Kasa APP.
And please also try to upgrade to the latest FW of LB120: http://static.tp-link.com/iotUpgradeTool_V1.0.zip
If still same issue, please confirm the error message when you enable the Remote Control.
Options
2017-03-29 00:39:35
Thank for the response. This is what I just tried:

1. ran the reset procedure (unplugged 5 times, it blinked, I went into Kasa and set it up)
2. remote control still says disabled, attempting to enable shows same message (unverified email, selecting send does nothing)
3. unzipped the upgrade tool
4. ran the update
5. it successfully upgraded the firmware to 1.2.3
6. I tried to enable the remote control, it won't
7. reset the bulb again, now that it has the updated firmware
8. set it up, still can't enable the remote control or even delete the newly setup device from the app (connection error)

Please see the attachments for screenshots

Thank you again for your help, let me know if you need something else from me.
File:
update firmware.PNGDownload
Hitting disabled to try to enable RC.jpgDownload
If I try to delete the bulb from kasa app.jpgDownload
Show firmware version.jpgDownload
Options
2017-03-29 08:12:20
Similar problems.
After the recent Kasa update, "Local Only" for both Smart Bulbs and Smart Plugs.
Please see my post in the Smart Plug forum.

SOLUTION
Another example of great TP-LINK Technical Support!
Their senior engineers built an Android beta app Kasa v1.7.3.626 which solved the problem.
All my Smart Bulbs and Plugs are now working remotely.
My contact was: cassie shao
Thank you TP-LINK...
Options
2017-04-01 10:39:04
Please download the Kasa APP in the following link to test: https://we.tl/UBA7Csnx6G
And the new version of Kasa APP will be released soon, then plesas pay attention to the update of Google Play store.
Options
Different bulb, but process may still work
2017-09-13 22:45:27
I've read through several threads to try to find an answer, but discovered a quick solution on my own. First, my bulbs are the TP-Link LB100's. My situation may be different, to make it quick, we had a storm that caused a lengthy power outage After the power came back on, I had to relink all of my bulbs to the KASA app. After doing so, the remote control wouldn't enable. My router and internet firewalls were never an issue, so I wasn't going to go down that route. Firmware was also already up to date. THE FIX: I have an Android device, so for iPhone, I don't know the process. For Android, go into the app info and delete the data. When you bring up the app, you'll have to log back in. After I logged in, none of my devices were showing. After a few seconds, the app recognized there were preconfigured devices available. This may not be the case for you, so you may need to add them all back in like you did on your first time setup. After everything was back in, the remote control feature worked. Hope this helps whomever may run into this issue.
Options
2017-09-14 13:59:28

JustinK wrote

THE FIX: I have an Android device, so for iPhone, I don't know the process. For Android, go into the app info and delete the data. When you bring up the app, you'll have to log back in. After I logged in, none of my devices were showing. After a few seconds, the app recognized there were preconfigured devices available. This may not be the case for you, so you may need to add them all back in like you did on your first time setup. After everything was back in, the remote control feature worked. Hope this helps whomever may run into this issue.

Thanks a lot for sharing!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1166

Replies: 6