Kasa Sunrise / Sunset -- Need Offset Time capability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-07 09:26:08
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

It's great to have the sunrise / sunset capability built into the Kasa app. However, now needed is the ability to set a certain length of time before or after the current sunrise / sunset official time to actually turn on / off the lights or switch. Very often the official time for sunrise / sunset is 30 minutes or more off from when users ideally want to have lights come on or off.

By being able, to example, set "Sunset + 30 minutes" as the On time for my outside lights, I will never have to adjust the schedule but will also not waste 30 minutes of electricity everyday when those lights are still not needed.

Thank you for great products! Keep up the good work!
Options
35 Reply
Re:Kasa Sunrise / Sunset -- Need Offset Time capability
2017-04-14 16:25:08
Many thanks for your feedback. We will submit your feedback to the product engineer. At present, you can firstly check the sunrise/sunset time according to your location on the Google, then directly set a certain time according to the sunrise/sunset time.
Options
2017-08-02 10:07:42
" At present, you can firstly check the sunrise/sunset time according to your location on the Google, then directly set a certain time according to the sunrise/sunset time."

Sure... but unless you live on the Equator, it changes every day.
Options
2017-08-03 09:01:50
I find a practical but inconvenient way: I changed the time zone on the device to another time zone. Like if I am on GMT +4 actually, I can change it to GMT +3. It will be 1 hour late, not 30 minutes though
Options
2017-08-03 10:44:55
For more flexibility a separate automation app might make sense. For example mine does this very easily, allowing any variety of before or after sunrise or sunset, or even random offsets for that "lived in" look.
Options
2017-08-15 03:26:48
Which app do you use?
Options
2017-08-15 09:22:42
Mine (AutomationManager). Click on my name above to go to my TP Link visitors page for more information. There are other apps available. I like to think mine is the easiest to set up and the most cost effective, flexible, and feature rich, but of course I'd say that :).
Options
2017-08-16 04:04:31
Cool, programs the app the TP-Link Smart Plug so that it will work offline or ist the app needed all time because it switches the smart plug instantly?
Options
2017-08-16 11:42:35
Yep, that's right, the rule engine runs inside the app (working as a hub/server) rather than trying to run rules on the switch, This allows a much larger rule set than is possible using the TP Link rules only - for example the sunrise/sunset offset trigger schedule.
Options
2017-11-15 21:55:57
I would second this request and confirm "Offset" is a requirement in the native Kasa APP
Options
2018-01-12 08:45:26
I'd like to add my support for the ability to set and offset to the Kasa app. I have my living room lamp set to go on at sunset and it's already getting dark. I would have set a mechanical timed to go on a half hour ago. Smart plugs should be smart enough for real world situations. People don't wait for sunset to turn on lights.
Options

Information

Helpful: 11

Views: 12554

Replies: 35