switch for HS105 plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

switch for HS105 plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
switch for HS105 plug
switch for HS105 plug
2017-04-20 02:17:13
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

So I know it defeats the purpose of a "smart plug", but I was wondering if there is a compatible physical switch for the HS105 smart plug. I would like a physical switch for the plugs so I don't need my phone to turn them on. Then when I get either an echo or a google home assistant I can use that as well. I know there might be other solutions. I'm open to other ideas, but please at least try to answer the original question first. I have 3 lamps in our living room. I'd like to use these plugs to control them, but still want a physical switch to them. The current wall outlets have no switch, just power. Thanks.
Options
2 Reply
Re:switch for HS105 plug
2017-04-25 02:45:16
I have the HS100 and HS110's that both have physical switches for off/on without the app. I don't have the HS105, but isn't there a physical switch on the side for turning it off/on manually?

Another option is to grab a low end phone (< $10 from walmart) to dedicate as a "smart" lightswitch panel - leave it on/running in the room for each access. Aftermarket apps like mine provide widgets so you can configure the main phone page as a home automation console - giving you visual status and single touch control for all of your devices.
Options
Re:switch for HS105 plug
2017-05-07 10:19:54
I got an Amazon Echo. "Alexa, turn on lights". Works great, plus I also have it hooked into my stereo. Since I have Amazon Prime, I get a the music too. Just an idea. Never thought I would like one, but I use it a lot. Especially when I get ready to go to bed "Alexa, lights off"... "ok"
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 643

Replies: 2

Related Articles