SR20 Smart Hub Owners?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SR20 Smart Hub Owners?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
21 Reply
Sr20
2017-11-21 07:17:04
Hello All, I was able to pickup a SR20 and I got it setup without a hiccup. Just wondering if I have the latest firmware (1.1.1) ver1-1-1-P121[20170908-rel55933] BTW The SR20 works with the Kwikset 912 with Z-wave.

UPDATE: I found the update via the Kasa App and updated to 1.1.2

How's the SR20 working out for everyone?
Options
Re:SR20 Smart Hub Owners?
2017-11-22 00:29:57

jsphsweeney wrote

Has anyone had issues connecting the Nest to their SR20 router?

I have 2 Nests connected to mine since July. One is in the same room as the SR20 and has never had a problem. One is on a different floor and opposite side of the house. In 4.5 months, it has lost its wifi connection twice but came right back online both times once rebooted.
Options
2017-11-22 01:25:36

loudawg11 wrote

How's the SR20 working out for everyone?

So far so good... mine has been incredibly stable. It often has 35-40 divices connected to it, including 12 TP-Link switches, 2 TP-Link plugs, 7 Amazon Echo devises, 2 Nests, 1 smart TV, 2 Amazon Fire sticks, 4 Dish Network boxes, a Neptune aquarium controller, plus various PCs, laptops, Chromebooks, tablets, and phones, etc. I have had 2 devices that occasionally drop a connection due to their distance from the SR20, but that is not surprising. I was going to add a TPLink AC750 or AC1200 to deal with the rare drops, but it just hasn't been a big enough issue to get me to order one yet.

My only complaint about the SR20 is still the limited Z-wave and zigbee support. For that reason, I have a hard time classifying it as a Smart Hub. I would call it a high-end home router with some limited smart hub functionality.
Options
SR20 Smart Hub Owners
2017-11-27 06:45:32
I found the SR20 on ebay. I was hoping to buy it new from TP-Link but its been out of stock for months. Seem very solid so far. I m hoping a Z-wave water shut gets added to the list of supported.
Options
2017-11-27 06:48:54
Can Owners share what Z-wave or Zigbee products they have tried that works or not work?

If using any of the sensors, will the SR20 give an alert of motion or window or door is open?
Options
WiFi issues
2017-12-08 07:02:52
A lot of my items were dropping WiFi connections today WiFi cameras and my Nest Thermostat sent me notifications that they were offline my computers that are hard wire to the router had internet access I did a factory reset at the router to see if it corrects the issues. Nice thing about the Kasa app is that it restored all my Network settings
Options
2017-12-19 13:09:08
I recently purchased an SR20 and I'm having problems with it. There doesn't seem to be any support area in the forum for it. Do we know when that might be added? I need help seeing if my GE 3 way switches might connect among other issues.
Options
2017-12-20 00:20:54
It's really unfortunate but I had to remove my SR20 2days ago because of all the issues. Seem the router was much more stable with firmware 1.1.1 recently with my kids at home for the holidays they're gaming and streaming movies... seams to cause the router to overheat and become unstable. I did reach out to tp-link when I first received the router but after doing a factory reset it started working properly. Then I did a firmware update to 1.1.2 and the issues started. Hopefully tp-link is monitoring this website and may issue a firmware update. Like another poster stated Nest Thermostat started dropping off and my Z-Wave Kwikset door locks would always report in the Kasa app as unlocked when it was locked.
Options
2018-01-17 21:26:08

loudawg11 wrote

It's really unfortunate but I had to remove my SR20 2days ago because of all the issues. Seem the router was much more stable with firmware 1.1.1 recently with my kids at home for the holidays they're gaming and streaming movies... seams to cause the router to overheat and become unstable. I did reach out to tp-link when I first received the router but after doing a factory reset it started working properly. Then I did a firmware update to 1.1.2 and the issues started. Hopefully tp-link is monitoring this website and may issue a firmware update. Like another poster stated Nest Thermostat started dropping off and my Z-Wave Kwikset door locks would always report in the Kasa app as unlocked when it was locked.
Update, heard in the media over the weekend that Google Chromecast devices could be crashing Networks. It was reported this is happening across many router makers. I've been using my SR20 for wifi devices 24 devices only and my tp-link touch P5 for Wired devices 25 devices. About 50 total devices if I allow one router to handle all... things seem to crash. Everything was working fine until my kids were home for the holidays. The Chromecast could be the culprit because they weren't being used on 3 TV's until my kids came home. I believe I read that tp-link will push a fix to routers or create a firmware update.
Options
2018-01-22 16:38:13
it's still under test, it will support more when it's ready.
Options
Related Articles