Smart plug Mini won't see wifi router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-03 06:36:56
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Kasa will control the plug if I connect my android phone to its wifi signal, but after deleting, resetting moving farther or closer to my router, the damned thing does not see my home network.
I've tried the on-line chat, google and now here.
At one point, I was seeing little pop-ups saying the mini only worked with 2.4gHz wifi so I checked to router set up and saw I was set for 801.11 b, g and n... Should work, but I s3et the router to only use 802.11b. No joy.
Ideas?

right now, I see no option to set up network manually. I did try it last night, but there was no option for open security. I tried handing it my key, but nothing
Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart plug Mini won't see wifi router
2017-06-03 23:17:59
Maybe it's broken, does it see your neighbour's wifi signals?

I'm not sure what you mean by "deleting, resetting"? But make sure your router's 2.4GHz SSID is broadcasting, name the 2.4 SSID different than your 5GHz SSID, enable b,g, and n modes as you've done (I think it's g but I haven't confirmed myself), use WPA2 encryption (not sure why you would use open security?). Connect your phone to your 2.4GHz SSID, then to the switches broadcast and try again. BTW, remember the key is not the same as the WPS PIN. I've only ever used the key, not sure if the WPS pin will work.
Options
2017-06-07 05:46:32
Major problem was for some reason, the router was only broadcasting in channel 1. As soon as I set it to auto, it connected right up. Thanks. I'm way out in the sticks and a woman up the road comes by to check her email. Rather than giving her a password, I leave it open. Anyone who doesn't know me or her wouldn't head down in here. I set up a secure SSID for KASA
Options
2017-07-21 16:11:30
it is better to secure your wifi.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 639

Replies: 3

Related Articles